This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is WRONG with people >.<

***move to where applicable since these guys wherent actually customers....maybe general work chat***

Anyway our shifts where done it was 9:30 and we where all heading home. As the story goes (i came in about 2 minutes after the fact) two of our associates who where asian waited outside the store on the bikrakes for their rides. A car pulled up and two black guys with bandanas and such pull up and ask them if they are asian. When they say 'ummmmm yah?' the guys yell that they are going to kill them. Of course everyone who was outside went back inside the store and we locked the doors. This is when i got to the doors and saw the cummotion.

I look outside and the guys had jumped out of their cars and where running after one of our associates (a 16 yr old white kid) until he got into his car and started driving off. The guys then got into their own car and started chasing him in their car around the parking lot. During this time our security officer called both the police and the mall security.

After awhile they all drive off and we head home but I hope that my buddy in the car is OK. I dont have his cell number or anything so i dont knwo what happened with him and the guys in the car or if the cops even did anything about it
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

So.... how did it turn out?
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

That's nothing new. Crap like that happened all the time where I grew up. Usually the cops never got involved unless a knife or gun was involved.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
        That's nothing new. Crap like that happened all the time where I grew up. Usually the cops never got involved unless a knife or gun was involved.
        That is really a shame. Threatening to kill someone because of their race is a hate crime and can be punished by many, many years in jail.

I hope the guy being chased got away ok.

Comment

Ugh. That sucks.

One of my paper route customers, a black family, had a certain word sprayed on their driveway one night. Actually, the loser who did it only got the first 3 letters...before either getting caught, or pussing out. I have no idea why someone would do that to them--they were always pretty damn nice to me, and I didn't know anyone who had a problem with them.

At least the bastard got caught. In fact, I was the guy who turned him in as a possible suspect--he'd had "words" with several black students at school, and since his car was seen in the neighborhood (he didn't live there), it didn't take long to put things together. He was eventually charged with ethnic intimidation and a few other charges.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

What lunatics. I hope your coworker was okay.
            Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

attempted assault and vandalism are plenty serious crimes to begin with. Having better judges and prison terms for those crimes alone would be easier than coming up with a phony balony term just to get elected.

*does not see the point of 'hate' crimes*

Comment

All crimes are hate crimes. They should be punished equally, and not have some nandy-pandy sentence that lets them loose after three months...bring back the stocks!
                Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
                "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
                "The queue is..."

Comment

Quoth Depot Denizen View Post
                  All crimes are hate crimes. They should be punished equally, and not have some nandy-pandy sentence that lets them loose after three months...bring back the stocks!

::Nitpicking filter on ::

Um, I would suggest that Negligent Homicide, DUI, Contributing to the delinquecy of a minor, and the like are not crimes of hate. But ditto to the idea that punishment should fit the crime, reguardless of the skin color.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Tutorgal View Post
                    That is really a shame. Threatening to kill someone because of their race is a hate crime and can be punished by many, many years in jail.

I hope the guy being chased got away ok.

Where I'm from you had to fit this "criteria" to fit in. You had to be...

-white
                    -straight
                    -parents that let you do whatever you want
                    -be willing to break the law
                    -be a druggie
                    -get D's and F's in school

Unless maybe if you were a natural-born talented bull-shitter, if you didnt then you paid dearly.
                    Last edited by ditchdj; 11-22-2006, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Well, were was the guy being chased on the clock? Or the two asian associates? If they were on the clock, that changes everything . . . From what I heard, you are not suppose to threaten anyone or attack anyone who is on the clock (like the consequences would be more harsh . . .)
                      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

hah sorry about lack of an update. Apparently my buy being chased pulled into a starbucks and then the 'attackers' came out of their car and kicked his door. So he pulled out and pulled into a cop station nearby. They didnt have the license plate so they didnt place a complaing (the guys are like 16 so yah)

anywayz nothing more came of it just a kind of freaky night
                        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
                        X