Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all know how horrid SC's are, but...

...have you ever told friends or family about the awful treatment you've received from SC's and have them look at you like you're making things up? I have.

I've often wondered if the majority of humanity knows just how horrible SC's can be. I truly believe everyone should be required to work retail for one year, especially through the holiday season. Maybe there would be fewer SC's in the world.

The people that come into my store are absolute slobs. They throw things on the floor, leave chicken in the diaper aisle, shit in their underwear and leave them in the fitting rooms, hide hamburger under the base decks, jack-off in the fitting rooms...you name it, they do it. They're the worst society has to offer.

Dont' mind me. I'm just having an "I hate my job" day, I guess.
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

My dad would accuse me of outright lying - that the only reason customers were bad was cause retail employees are useless. (Thanks, dad!)

Then one Black Friday, he lost his mind and went to Wal-Mart at 7 a.m. with my mother.

I got massive apologies and the Wal-Mart associates got 100 dozen doughnuts from my dad.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
      ...have you ever told friends or family about the awful treatment you've received from SC's and have them look at you like you're making things up? I have.
      Same here.

Even being on this site, I see stories that I can't believe are true. Not that I don't believe the posters, but because I can't wrap my mind around how truly sucktacular some people can be.

Makes for good reading, though.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kika View Post
        100 dozen doughnuts from my dad.
        1200 DOUGHNUTS?
        He could have been quite chummy with the police if he had gotten such a treat for them.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

fortunately, no; my mom has stopped in at where i work several times when she's in the area, only to witness our customer's finest behavior.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
            Oh, yes. My parents didn't think I was lying; they just couldn't comprehend how nasty my customers and managers were being, and thought I was just oversensitive. Then again, SC behavior always baffles decent, respectable people.

And I agree that everyone should be required to work in front-end customer service for one year. It's a good object lesson in treating others the way you would want to be treated.

I wish this site had been around back in the 1980s; I really could have used it when I first started out in the work world.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My step dad is rather out of touch with reality when it comes to stuff like anything to do with something he doesnt agree with.

Mother fortunately after having had her own road photo studio understands that humanity can be quite stupid.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Even being on this site, I see stories that I can't believe are true. Not that I don't believe the posters, but because I can't wrap my mind around how truly sucktacular some people can be.

Makes for good reading, though.
                Same here, I agree with both points! I've only really dealt with your average run-of-the-mill sucky customers . . . I'm amazed at how bad some people can be
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                  1200 DOUGHNUTS?
                  He could have been quite chummy with the police if he had gotten such a treat for them.
                  My dad's a bit extreme sometimes. He wanted to make sure everyone working that day got one.

Comment

My dad said "Well, I don't know which bit of that shop you work in, but I've never heard anyone be rude to the cashiers!"
                    God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Oh yeah, my family thinks that I make up the stuff that would happen on the job. They would say that they couldn't believe that people would act like that in public. Or that I'm doing a lousy job at satisfying the customers. Not suprising since my family is made up of lousy customers who've never worked a day in retail, or any customer service for that matter. Except for one cousin who is easily one of the worst managers I've ever seen (I should post about her). They even think that the stories on this site are all made up or grossly exaggerated.
                      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

My grandma didn't believe me. I was venting about the customers once to her, and she said that god-awful phrase. You all know the one.

I was caught off guard, and didn't really say much, but I should have told her about the jerk who caused someone to get injured, the guys who came in and started a fight, and the guy who was making racist comments, and then asked her if those customers were right.

I guess when she was still working, customers were more civil, and their requests were actually reasonable. Maybe she just didn't understand how much worse people had gotten.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've told my dad stories, but seeing as he owns his own business, he has no trouble believing any of them. Usually, he can top my stories...although, since he has his own business, he can tell people to f*** off if he wants to.

My dad's girlfriend, on the other hand, IS one of those SC's we all talk about. The stupid kind...the kind that never does anything wrong...it MUST be the product that is faulty. So, she doesn't always believe me.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

My family's response was the same as XCashier's. They believe the stories but think I've run across an evolutional aberration of humans or something.
                            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I don't know if things have actually gotten worse. My father worked as a grocery cashier in the 50s.

He dealt with plenty of SCs. Coupon scammers, stinky people, bad-mannered idiots, shoplifters, etc.

He also had some dumb managers and had to deal with foolish time-wasting corporate policies.

The more things change...

He has no trouble believing SC stories.

My MIL, on the other hand, worked as a waitress at a ritzy resort (like the one in Dirty Dancing) when she was young and has a pretty rose-colored memory of her SCs; the worst she will ever say is that some of them were "demanding." She tends to tune out my SC stories or try to remind me that "customers pay [my] salary." Sigh.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X