This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store's on fire

Well I got out of work early today, and experienced a new event in retail. Some jackass decided to set our dried wreaths aisle on fire at work. Don't know if we'll ever know who. No one saw who did it, and we don't have surveillance cameras. Everyone got out okay, but there were some customers who were still trying to check out even as the store filled with smoke. We had a lot of people who seemed upset to not be able to do their shopping, but no one angry or trying to shove their way in. Those who still tried to get in at least noticed the police tape and stopped. But as I was pulling away to go home I saw more people heading to the store, despite the smoking heap on the curb, the cop cars, and the tape.
    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
    ----
    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Yeah, I hear ya. I've had a couple similar experiences.

Once, when I worked at a gas station, the guy driving the gas delivery truck got too close to one of those cement poles that protect the pumps, and he broke a nozzle off the truck. The parking lot, along with the entire street (it was on a hill so the gas was draining down the street), were completely blocked off for over 2 hours. And we had people from the neighborhood walking over to the store, lit cigarettes and all, coming over to see what the commotion was about.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

DAMN! Two store fires in a week?

I'm flabbergasted!
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Yeah, and in both situations the EWs were still trying to shop/get in the store.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X