This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have GOT to be kidding me.

Not really sucky, but just plain idiotic.

It was raining tonight. I was working on the front end. A customer came through one of my cashier's lines with a cart of sheetrock, plywood, and cement board. After he was all cashed out, he said he wanted it all wrapped up. And he was serious.

It took him, a cashier, the lot attendant, and another associate over 45 minutes to individually shrink wrap every single board he had, so they wouldn't get wet in the rain.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to just not buy the stuff when it's raining?

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Quoth sexiphatchick View Post
    and not be able to inconvenience and annoy several lower human beings at my whim? Madness!

Comment

Madness?!?! THIS-IS-SPARTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Mordecai View Post
        Madness?!?! THIS-IS-SPARTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I knew this was coming, yet I was compelled none the less.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          I knew this was coming, yet I was compelled none the less.
          And yet somehow, we love you for it.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Whenever I have to do things at my job like that (such as gift wrapping a TON of items) I say, "My pleasure, ma'am" and do it with a smile. And then I wrap slowly. Very slowly. Taking all the time in the world. Holding up the line. Making other customers get annoyed at the huge EW who wanted a gigantic order gift wrapped. Annoyed enough to talk to my manager, and annoyed enough to make the EW leave in embarrassment with only half the order gift wrapped. Then I say cheerily, "Have a pleasant day, ma'am!"

Comment

Quoth GiftShopGirl View Post
              Whenever I have to do things at my job like that (such as gift wrapping a TON of items) I say, "My pleasure, ma'am" and do it with a smile. And then I wrap slowly. Very slowly. Taking all the time in the world. Holding up the line. Making other customers get annoyed at the huge EW who wanted a gigantic order gift wrapped. Annoyed enough to talk to my manager, and annoyed enough to make the EW leave in embarrassment with only half the order gift wrapped. Then I say cheerily, "Have a pleasant day, ma'am!"
              That's just pure awesomeness.

Comment

Passive aggressive for the win

Comment

Yes and no. Now, I am not a contracting/handyman type, but I know quite a few. And just like with anything else, when you are doing stuff like that, there are times you just need stuff. Weather or no weather.

That being said, there are ways to do it. For instance (and I don't know if this is feasible), he could have gotten the things wrapped in groups or as a total.

Or, had it been me, I would have just bought a freakin' tarp to cover my purchases. Since chances are you are going to need to cover them anyway while you are doing the work, or at some other point for some other thing. And what if he already has a tarp? Well, then, he should have brought it for that very purpose if it was raining, don't you think? Wouldn't THAT have been smarter and more efficient than the way this mental snail went about it?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Wouldn't THAT have been smarter and more efficient than the way this mental snail went about it?
                    And when have you ever met an SC who was smarter and more efficient?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Touche, my friend. Touche.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

I live in the land of rain, I have never in my life seen a contractor shrink wrap anything to prevent getting wet. My gaster is flabbered.
                        The folks at Home Depot would laugh their asses off if asked for such a thing here, as well as everyone else in line.

Comment

Not really sucky, but just plain idiotic.

It was raining tonight. I was working on the front end. A customer came through one of my cashier's lines with a cart of sheetrock, plywood, and cement board. After he was all cashed out, he said he wanted it all wrapped up. And he was serious.

It took him, a cashier, the lot attendant, and another associate over 45 minutes to individually shrink wrap every single board he had, so they wouldn't get wet in the rain.

Sometimes no it wouldn't make more sense to buy supplies when it wasn't raining. If this guy is a contractor, he is efficiently utilizing down time to grab supplies. Which makes a ton of sense from his point of view and bottom line. That being said, the shrink wrap deal may be his customer's issue not his, I can't imagine he would want to have to un wrap all of the supplies, that would also be a waste of time. So I guess I am at a loss.
                          Last edited by tamezin; 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM.
                          Tamezin

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
                            I live in the land of rain, I have never in my life seen a contractor shrink wrap anything to prevent getting wet. My gaster is flabbered.
                            The folks at Home Depot would laugh their asses off if asked for such a thing here, as well as everyone else in line.
                            heh...that's where I work.

Management here seems to favor running the store on negativity and fear, instead of positive reinforcement. For instance, instead of saying 'good job' when someone does something right, they threaten write-ups and firing if it's not done their way.

Comment

Working...
                            X