This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we ruined his vacation

Ok so a guest was reported to have a dog in his rental property (we dont allow pets) and an inspector went down there and said that she didnt see a dog but she did see a dog bowl and a bag of dog food and she saw dog hair on the carpet and heard a dog scratching at one of the bedroom doors but she didnt see it. She asked me to call the guest and tell them the dog couldnt be there.

Guest: So she came down there to spy on us? Thats illegal

Me: actually it's not sir and you will have to have the dog out of the unit by 5 PM or vacate the premesis

Guest: do we get a refund?

Me: no sir

Guest: even though we havent stayed there?

Me: well sir, you are violating our policies

Guest: can the owner be contacted?

Guest: this is just not right that you can do this...we worked hard for this vacation

Me: sir I am sorry but the dog cant stay there....I will be glad to give you the number to a local kennel

Guest: I am not doing that

Me: well then I am sorry but you will have to leave

Guest: why cant the owner be called?

Me: because we have a no pet policy

Guest: and there is no flexibility?

Me: no sir, you signed a contract

Guest: I know but I really didnt think it would be a problem. He is a small dog and he isnt messy

Me: right but we have a no pet policy

Guest: this is not fair, you have ruined our vacation with this nonsense and you sound very unsympathetic

Me: sir, I have a dog myself but regardless of how much sympathy I may have for you, we have a no pet policy

Guest: you've said that 20 times already

Me: I am sorry sir but the dog must go

Guest: and there is nobody I can talk to get this waived

Guest: may I have the homeowner's phone number to call him myself?

Guest: well you just dont want to work with us at all, do you?

Me: once again, we have a no pet policy and it's not negotiable

Guest: Dave, surely you cant be this heartless. We have spent every dime on this trip. You say you own a dog and yet you are being so harsh with us

Me: I am not being harsh with you sir, I am simply saying the dog cant stay there. I didnt make the rules.

Guest: no but you seem to agree with it

Me: it doesnt matter whether I agree with it or not

Guest: Dave, let me speak to your supervisor because I need to get this approved

The manager gave in and let the dog stay......and not only that, the asshole didnt feel like he should be charged a cleaning fee, so she waived it AND he got an additional 10% off for the "distress" he says I caused him.........UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Be sure to thank the manager for being a total douchewaffle!
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Perhaps my next line of work should be "giving a wake up call to managers, for hire"

Comment

And you ruining vacations is somehow newsworthy? I'd think that would be old hat for you.

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck
        Guest: Dave, surely you cant be this heartless. We have spent every dime on this trip. You say you own a dog and yet you are being so harsh with us
        Then your priorities are hopelessly screwed up. Who the hell takes such an expensive vacation if it means they'll be flat broke for the rest of the year once they return home?

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck
        The manager gave in and let the dog stay......and not only that, the asshole didnt feel like he should be charged a cleaning fee, so she waived it AND he got an additional 10% off for the "distress" he says I caused him.........UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
        Irv sad. Irv go cry like a baby now.

Then Irv plot a horrible vengeance against your manager involving rusty meat hooks, flamethrowers, and vegemite. Lots and lots of vegemite.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

...And here I was, thinking this would be one who didn't use your name repeatedly in the conversation like every single one of the stories you've told so far.

Guess I was wrong on this one. He managed to sneak in at least two "Daves".
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

This story makes me cry that the manager would be so spineless. What would happen if the owner is allergic?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              This story makes me cry that the manager would be so spineless. What would happen if the owner is allergic?
              One hell of a lawsuit.

At least that might put a spine in VRS's manager.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                I have said it before and I will say it again. You have GOT to start immediately handing over every request/demand from a guest for something prohibited or outside what is authorized to that jellyfish you call a manager. Let the manager give in and let yourself get away from the stress of trying to enforce company rules. It is not worth it to your mental health. Tell the manager that you know s/he always gives the guest whatever the guest wants anyway, so you do not want the guest to feel any "distress" from you attempting to follow the rules. Then smile and say that you want to give good customer service and have all the customers be happy.

It is passive aggressive, but it will preserve your sanity.
                "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                  Be sure to thank the manager for being a total douchewaffle!
                  No kidding! It's partly (if not mostly!) because of spineless managers, that we have so many EWs in the world.
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                    The manager gave in and let the dog stay......and not only that, the asshole didnt feel like he should be charged a cleaning fee, so she waived it AND he got an additional 10% off for the "distress" he says I caused him.........
                    There are certain words that come to my mind regarding your manager. I shall list some of them here for your perusal: Spineless. Douch nugget. Turd monkey. Asshole. Jellyfish. Weasel. Shithead. Fuck waffle. Weak. Lame. Ridiculous. Moronic. Simpering. Rubber-kneed. Brainless. Hypocrite. Backstabber. Judas. Slimeball. Puke monster. Amoeba. Pathetic. A joke. Brain dead. Impotent. Pea-brained. Fuck trumpet. Rat bastard. Coward. Feeble. Gutless. Powerless. Ineffectual. Incompetent. Inept. Idiot. Wimp. Wuss. Pussy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      There are certain words that come to my mind regarding your manager. I shall list some of them here for your perusal: Spineless. Douch nugget. Turd monkey. Asshole. Jellyfish. Weasel. Shithead. Fuck waffle. Weak. Lame. Ridiculous. Moronic. Simpering. Rubber-kneed. Brainless. Hypocrite. Backstabber. Judas. Slimeball. Puke monster. Amoeba. Pathetic. A joke. Brain dead. Impotent. Pea-brained. Fuck trumpet. Rat bastard. Coward. Feeble. Gutless. Powerless. Ineffectual. Incompetent. Inept. Idiot. Wimp. Wuss. Pussy.
                      You forgot "tragic result of a horribly misaimed handjob."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Let's add to that: Spine Deficient. Pansy Ass. Fucktard. Namby Pamby. Shit For Brains. Benedict Arnold. Sans Testicles. Stupid Fuck. Gimpy Motherfucker. Jackass.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I hope that the owner finds out that there was a dog there, and throws a huge fit about it. I also hope that it comes back to your manager, and he gets his ass reamed for it. It likely won't happen, but I can dream...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            You forgot "tragic result of a horribly misaimed handjob."
                            I didn't forget so much as I didn't really want to think about it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Wow..this should be in Morons in Management too.

I hate managers like that. The peons are told to enforce policies and then the management does the opposite thing. Then the peons look like the bad guys.

When I worked at places with spineless managers, I began not to care because I felt like I was not being backed up. I left those jobs when another came available. I feel for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X