This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apples and Oranges

Okay, I'm not sure if everyone will see the suck in this or not...but, her tone of voice added to the suckiness and the fact that she really believed that she could trump me with this question in her snotty tone of voice...

I called a member to let them know that their service was going to be 15 minutes later than originally anticipated and the following conversation ensued:

SC: this time - snotty customer
    ME: Lovely dispatcher

ME: <opening spiel> I just wanted you to know that your service will be 15 minutes later than anticipated, I apologize for the delay.
    SC: Well. All right. And, do we REALLY have to wait here?
    ME: Yes, you do. It's for liability purposes.
    SC: Well...what if we were in a blizzard? (She said it that "Ah-ha, I got you now" tone of voice. I believed she thought she had trumped me in some way...nevermind that it's beautifully sunny outside with NO bad weather in sight)
    ME: Well, those are different circumstances. In those cases, we always make sure our members are in safe locations. However, this is not a blizzard and you have to be there for liability purposes.
    SC: *defeated tone* Oh.

I mean, as if I would stop and think, "Well, since we would do things differently during a blizzard, we should do it that way now! She's right!"

Silly, SC...that's what you get for thinking!
    Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 04-14-2009, 01:53 PM.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

She tried so hard and failed miserably.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

"I conceed your point. If things were different, they wouldn't be the same."

*sigh* I hate people who try that. Tone or not, it was still sucky. Impatience is a bad thing, mmkay?
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

suck, definitely; the win comes with the imaginary sound of her ego and entitlement rapidly deflating.

how much win is that?
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

That was the epic win...the sound of her voice...I mean, I believe that she really thought she had me!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
          X