This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like, oh my god!

Sheesh...I've had quite my share of callers today. I could've written many posts, but most of them are just repeats of suck I've shared before...

Again, this took place while I was calling a member to advise that service was running later than expected. I do this a lot now as I have learned it greatly increases my productivity.

ME: Hardworkin' dispatchin' lovin' machine
    SC: In this case, a very young sounding girl who locked her keys in her car at her college. She spoke in a very high-pitched, valley girl type voice

ME: <opening spiel> The station will be about 20 minutes later than we anticipated.
    SC: *in a very loud, oh-my-god-its-the-end-of-the-world-I-think-I'm-gonna-cry voice. She took a deep breath before she started as well* OHMYGODSOMEONEJUSTCALLEDMEANDTOLDMETHEYWOULDBEHERE INTENMINUTESANDNOWYOU'RETELLINGMETHEY'REGOINGTOBEH EREIN20MINUTESANDILIKEHADTOLEAVEMYCLASSINORDERTOGE TOUTTOMEETHIMANDBLURBBLBLURBBLEBLURBBLEBLURBBLE
    *Yes...the end of that run on sounded exactly like burbbling*
    ME: What?!
    *I should've thought before I asked that question because the response was:*
    SC: THEDRIVERCALLEDANDSAIDTHATHE...
    ME: Okay...stop!
    *SC actually stops and is panting and breathing heavy*
    ME: If the station called you and said they were on the way and will be there in 10 minutes, disregard my information. Sometimes, they put longer times in the call on our end and its not accurate (which I loathe....but that's for cursing out coworkers).

Sheesh.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

That's okay, it probably took her that whole 20 minutes to catch her breath.

Geez.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
      That's okay, it probably took her that whole 20 minutes to catch her breath.

Geez.
      But her brain is still running amok out there somewhere . . . and it's way too little to be out by itself.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        But her brain is still running amok out there somewhere . . . and it's way too little to be out by itself.
        Call the ASPCA: brain cells are social creatures, like bees.
        It definitely cruelty to keep the in solitary confinement.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Like, I have to wait 20 minutes for them to open up my car for me?

Like OMIGAWD! GAG ME WITH A SPOON!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
          X