This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sinner tells me God Bless you.

So I'm in the cooler stocking while swing girl is running the til and cleaning. While stocking, I see a woman fiddling around at the big chips. I see her put a energy drink into her purse, and walk on.

So I walk out of the cooler, and go to said lady.

ME: "Ma'am, you gotta give back my energy drink"

Lady: !?!?!? What?

ME: The Sode Energy drink you put in your purse"

Lady: Oh that! It just fell in!!" Laughing, she takes it out. "I was going to pay for it..."

Swing girl is looking smug, waiting for me to unlease her claws. She watches the lady who is with her kid picking out candy, while I flash forward through the securty tape to see if she took anything else. Nope.

Lady brings up everything, and pulls out her food stamp card.

Swing girl: "This energy drink can't be bought on Food Stamps"

Lady: "Oh well, nevermind on it then" She buys her crap on her food stamp card. "God bless you both, and have a great day!" she says as she walks out with her kid.

Swing girl and I look at each other.
    Swing girl: "Good enough to kick her out?"
    I shrug, "We'll fill out and incident report, since the camera shows her SHOVING the energy drink into her big ass purse, see what corporate says.

Likely corporte will let her keep coming. After all, it /fell/ in her purse.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

that's cos i think... she was saying "god bless you" but thinking something a bit different.

Comment

Yes, the drink just fell out of her hand just as her hand happend to passing over her conveniently open purse!! It could happen to anyone!
      /sarcasm
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

If you're going to commit a crime, let it be something big.

Goodness, people...

And my Government teacher told us that as we were going over the court system.
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I found our recently that at our store we can't even make what might be called an accusation while they're in the store and once they're out the front door we can't stop them from taking it. So we basically have the 5 feet between the register and the exit to do anything. It sucks and we have little bands of theives who know all about it.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
            "As well be hung for a sheep as a lamb."
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

great, now i'm imagining sheep hanging from trees
              like morbid wind chimes

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                Swing girl: "This energy drink can't be bought on Food Stamps"
                I know she wasn't planning on buying it originally, but you have no idea how many people try to buy energy drinks with foodstamps, and look all surprised when they find out they can't. I mean seriously they give you plenty of info on what they can and can't buy on FS! Don't get mad at me, I can't make your EBT card accept it. You're gonna have to take it up with the government.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                  You're gonna have to take it up with the government.
                  please don't encourage them... it's hard enough to get through to Rep Matheson WITHOUT idiots calling and emailing him asking him to put forward a bill to add sugary caffeinated crap on the food stamps program
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

side point

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                    they give you plenty of info on what they can and can't buy on FS!

To be fair- due to "this economy," I just got on EBT for the first time in my life, and while I did ask what specifically was covered, the answer from the government office was basically along the lines of "you'll figure it out when you get there." No paper list, no list on a website, no answer from the person I directly asked- it was really very vague - along the lines of "uh, food? But not, you know, ALL the food."

IE: I personally thought that energy drinks probably weren't covered, for instance, but didn't know for certain until I got to the check-out line.

Of course, I also didn't try to steal anything or yell at the cashier for not just randomly giving me free stuff, either...

Comment

Quoth Blade View Post
                      To be fair- due to "this economy," I just got on EBT for the first time in my life, and while I did ask what specifically was covered, the answer from the government office was basically along the lines of "you'll figure it out when you get there." No paper list, no list on a website, no answer from the person I directly asked- it was really very vague - along the lines of "uh, food? But not, you know, ALL the food."

IE: I personally thought that energy drinks probably weren't covered, for instance, but didn't know for certain until I got to the check-out line.

Of course, I also didn't try to steal anything or yell at the cashier for not just randomly giving me free stuff, either...
                      Well for starters anything with sugar in it isn't covered. Though that's about it as far as limitations on what food that I know.

ETA: Oh and no hot food. I forgot about that.
                      Last edited by SG15Z; 04-22-2009, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                        Back when I was a (very talented) thief in junior high and a bit into high school, the largest thing I ever stole was about 2,300 lbs. At least three times, perhaps more.

No, never got caught for those.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Just a little reminder to NOT turn this thread into yet another "bash the people on social assistance" threads.
                          It seems every time the subject is mentioned, that happens, so we'd like to nip it in the bud before it starts.

Also, discussions of overhauling the program belong on fratching, and not on CS.

Sucky customers, people...that's why we exist.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
                            I found our recently that at our store we can't even make what might be called an accusation while they're in the store and once they're out the front door we can't stop them from taking it. So we basically have the 5 feet between the register and the exit to do anything. It sucks and we have little bands of theives who know all about it.
                            Oh yeah, our store has that rule too. We wouldn't want to hurt the little thieves' feelings, after all.
                            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Back when I was a (very talented) thief in junior high and a bit into high school, the largest thing I ever stole was about 2,300 lbs. At least three times, perhaps more.

No, never got caught for those.

Let me guess...a car?
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X