This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was the first thing I asked you!

So this man and woman come in. They must be in their late 20's. The guy picks up a chicken caeser salad from the open case (contains pre-made sandwiches and salads) while the woman goes to the deli to order a sandwich and some lunchmeat. After ordering about 5 different things from my coworker, and changing her mind a dozen times, she cancels her order and decides she wants a salad like her boyfriend. There are no more in the open case so she orders one from me.

SC:I want to order a salad from you guys.
    Me:Sure, would you like the same kind? *meaning the chicken caeser salad*
    SC: No, what else do you got?
    Me: We have garden salad, chef salad and a garden salad with dip salad on top such as tuna or chicken salad.
    SC: I'll have that!
    Me: The garden salad with the chicken salad on top?
    SC: Yeah

So I go to make it. In the mean time I discover we're out of mixed lettuce *crap* It's been crazy busy the last few days so that must be why. Nice of morning crew to let us know : P So I explain and ask if she'd like the chopped lettuce instead, she says that fine. So I make the salad which includes sliced tomatos, cucumbers and bell pepper. Then I put on the chicken salad.

SC: Excuse me! But what are you putting on my salad!?
    ME: *slightly confused look* Chicken salad.
    SC: That's not what I wanted!
    ME: That's what you ordered. *I fricking read it back to you!!*
    SC: I wanted the sliced chicken, what he has!
    ME: Oh ok *That's the first question I asked!!!!11!!*

So I make a new one. The chicken caeser doesn't come with the tomatos and cucumbers and stuff. I hand it over.

SC: This isn't right either. Where are the other things? I want the pepper.
    ME: Ok, let me fix that for you. *TWITCH!!*

In the end, the SC walks away content. And I end up with slightly less faith in humanity. My coworkers later told me they always cause problems. I hadn't encountered them before because I always work closing shift, but today I was on lunch shift covering for someone.

Unfortunately, the first thing you ask them will just be the first thing they ignore. If only you could borrow that fire pit for a little while...
    "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Working...
    X