This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truckstops

I work in a truck stop in Missouri. Being openly gay, and it shows, I get customers all the time that make up stupid "gay" jokes. One night I was working, a truck driver came in and right after he purchased his fuel, he said he had a good joke for us. "Do you know what the best thing is about gay sex?" and we all just looked at him, my supervisor was staring at me. The customer says, "When you're done having sex, you roll over and talk about football." The guy started laughing histerically, my supervisor and co-worker chuckled a bit, not to hurt my feelings, but to make the guy feel better about telling a worthless joke. My response to that was simply, "Not in my case..." and the guy ran out the door.

I don't know if he is a homophobe or not, but he certainly showed his true colors when he was in our store. I told my manager about it and she laughed and said that I couldn't have done worse to him.

Thought I would share that with everyone.

???? I guess I don't get why you would be "offended"

If you're openly gay, how is that any different than "marriage" jokes? I got alot of married buddies, and we tell jokes about wives (with the wives in the room, they laugh with us). Joke about being single, etc.... Maybe it's a culture thing. But down in the south, we find sex funny

I can understand the offensive joke, but that joke isn't offensive considering that it's not a negative toward being gay but a positive. Sounds to me it's more of a case of being too sensitive. But that just my opinion, feel free to ignore it.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I'm gay and I don't find that joke offensive or even remotely funny.

It takes a good bit to offend me. I guess in my old age I've come to realize that a lot of things that people say mirror their own insecurities.
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

It's hard to believe some customers are dumb enough to do stuff like that, but they do. Would they walk up to big African American guy and launch into a "black" joke?
        It's so nice to be insane; no one asks you to explain...
        -Helen Reddy

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
          I'm gay and I don't find that joke offensive or even remotely funny.
          I'm not gay, and I don't find that joke offensive or funny either.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth shoegirl View Post
            Would they walk up to big African American guy and launch into a "black" joke?
            Sure, at least I would. There are offensive "black" jokes, and there are "black" jokes. The offensive stuff, I wouldn't. I'm deaf, I don't go nuts every time someone does a deaf joke. I'm fat, I also don't go nuts every time someone does a fat joke. A joke is just that, a joke. If you actually believe the joke you're telling, then it's not a joke anymore.

I mean, have you even heard "yo momma" jokes? Some of them are down right offensive if they meant any of it. But they jokes, meant to be funny. Some people don't find it funny, some do. That why there are 3 different late night comics
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I'm a natural blonde, and I can tell blonde jokes with the best of them. I guess I just like jokes. But I agree that that joke wasn't remotely funny; it was a very lame joke. Not offensive, but lame.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

I have to say, the funniest gay jokes I have ever heard were from gay guys.

Myself, I have a litany of Jewish jokes. People don't get offended when I tell them. Why? Because they know I am of Jewish descent. I say it that way because I do not practice the religion as such. Pass the bacon please.

I don't find the joke in the original post offensive, but then, I am not gay. I AM a football fan (Raiders...ugh...), and actually get the joke in the sense that I wish I could meet more women that were my type, single, AND into football.

Last edited by Ree; 12-05-2006, 05:11 AM. Reason: Removing political reference-you already know it's not allowed on CS!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I think the funny part is that, guys usually like football... and girls 'usually' dont (at least, in stereotypical joke world)... so two guys after making love could talk about football, but a man and a woman couldnt....

Is that the meaning?

I had a bit of a giggle over it, but no, it wasn't truly Stand Up Comedy.

As Galvatron put it "This is Bad Comedy"
                  Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Of the gay guys I've known, few to none have actually enjoyed football.

Either my group selection is too small, or I don't know my friends well enough.

Being bi/asexual myself, I hate sports (any kind of sport, short of swimming, really)
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                    X