This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My manhood has deserted me.

Ok first off I'm dure it appens to a lot of people when working but it seems like I can't get through 1 full shift without someone mistaking me for a woman. Usually it'll be someone in with children who is'nt paying attention and will usually realise and apologise but I have had people who don't realise untill I actually tell them.
    I have no idea why this always happens its not like I'm the only guy working there (currently 3 but we have a new guy starting tomorrow) yet I know it never happens to them.

I haven't been mistaken for a woman (yet?)...but for some reason, at my last job, people always called me by my bosses name.

Me? 200+ lb 6'3" pasty pasty PASTY damn-near Albino white man.
    Boss? 140ish lb 5'6 black man.

We looked nothing alike...yet in 90% of my conversations, people somehow mistook me for him.

I have yet to figure out how this worked, although said boss did lable me the Honorary Brotha of the Hotel since he and I were pretty similar
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I get it everywhere.

On the flipside, I usually have long-er hair, and prefer to be refered to as female, so, no biggie.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I've gotten that once or twice years and years back when I was a long haired hippy child.

Not so much anymore now that I'm buzzed down Buddhist monk style with a dark, bitter, void filled expression turned towards all of humanity. ;p

Comment

I'm very male... deep voice, short hair, man parts and all.

At least once a day, I get called "ma'am". >_>
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
            I'm very male... deep voice, short hair, man parts and all.

At least once a day, I get called "ma'am". >_>
            Same thing here. What the hell is it with people?
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

This happens to my friend Ivar all the time.

Comment

Quoth wierd View Post
                Ok first off I'm dure it appens to a lot of people when working but it seems like I can't get through 1 full shift without someone mistaking me for a woman. Usually it'll be someone in with children who is'nt paying attention and will usually realise and apologise but I have had people who don't realise untill I actually tell them.
                I have no idea why this always happens its not like I'm the only guy working there (currently 3 but we have a new guy starting tomorrow) yet I know it never happens to them.

It happens to me all the time now. Ever since my hair got to it's current length I've been dealing with it. *sigh* I've gotten to the point where if someone yells "ma'am" I just ignore them till they get really mad or they realize I'm a guy. Though the former happens more often....
                Last edited by SG15Z; 05-02-2009, 11:33 PM. Reason: fixing grammar

Comment

At my first job, I was mistaken on the phone for one of my co-workers. I am a white female with a slight British accent. He is an African male with a full on Xhosa accent. I still have no idea how the caller thought I was him...
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

My collegue and I get mistaken for each other.

I'm 6'8.

He's 5'3.

Yeah, not too sure what's going on there either...
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I have a co-worker who is mistaken for a woman all the time...but him, I can understand, he's feminine sounding. However, even when he answers the phone and introduces himself by his very male name, he will still get called "ma'am" or when comments go in the call...the person will say they spoke to "elaine" or some other very feminine sounding name.
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

My last job, I was thinner and was mistaken for a male many times, even though I had almost shoulder-length hair (people also thought I was a pretty good Michael Jackson look-alike too...gee, thanks). Even now, being a bit more 'shapely' I have short hair and am still mistaken for a male. Earrings don't seem to help.

A friend of mine had long, red-gold hair down to his waist and a very 'elfin' figure, but he had an obvious adam's apple and male voice. He got hit on so much from behind (everyone loved his hair!). They looked like they were about to hurl when he turned around
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Our uniform at work isn't very kind to the female form, I think it's the body armour we wear, if you're a petite female it hides any shape you may have.

Strange really, it's the attractive girls who get mistaken for chaps the most often it seems.
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I have been mistaken for a guy multiple times- though not in the past year or 2.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think if Darth Vader worked a customer service job he would even be called a woman on occasion.....

Then the customer would die from the force choke
                              Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Working...
                              X