This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody is lying

Guest: yes hi, I booked a reservation at your place then I called another place and they say their area is best but when I called here last week, the guy told me your area was best so somebody is lying to me.

Me: its a matter of opinion, so nobody is lying

Guest: well now I am all confused because last week, I thought your area was the best but the people at this other place tell me theirs is so I dont know what to do

Me: well if you want a completely unbiased opinion, perhaps a travel agent can help

Guest: I cant get an unbiased opinion from you

Me: I work here

Guest: I know but if your area isnt the best, wouldnt you tell me so?

Me: well would a salesman at a Honda dealership tell you to buy a Toyota?

Guest: thats pretty sarcastic

Me: well first of all, I dont know that area very well to recommend it in the first place and even if I did, I intend to keep my job

Guest: so my vacation means nothing to you?

Me: It doesnt mean as much as keeping my job

Guest: well I am just so confused.....I just dont know what I am going to do. This is very stressful. I just know how to proceed here. I've never been there. Why cant someone tell me the truth?

Me: ma'am, instead of calling the locations directly, talk to a travel agent.

Guest: no, you people should just be honest with me

Me: ma'am I dont know that area so I am being honest with you

Guest: I think you do know that area and just dont want to tell me about it

Me: ok well ma'am...like I said, if you want an unbiased recommendation, call a travel agent

Guest: ok well I guess I will but I am not happy with the way you've treated me today

Me: well ma'am I am very sorry you feel that way

CLICK

Sounds like things are finally getting to you.

*grabs popcorn and waits for VRS to snap*
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

"Well would a salesman at a Honda dealership tell you to buy a Toyota?"

When the customer is being unreasonable, wanting a car that sells for 30k for 17k "out the door", sure. But otherwise, no. ;-)
      If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
        Sounds like things are finally getting to you.

*grabs popcorn and waits for VRS to snap*
        Got room for one more? This should be good
        TANSTAAFL

Comment

Hang in there buddy.

Why do I get the feeling most of your customers are Darwin Award honorable mentions or future recipients? Seriously, you get more logic-fail than I've seen in my entire life.
          Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Where I work we were specifically told to ALWAYS recommend our products over anyone else.

I follow this for the most part, but our prices on memory cards are darned near criminal and they can be had for cheaper most anywhere else. Memory cards aren't a big sales item for us anyway, so I usually just tell people they can get the cards for half what we charge right across the street at Wal-Mart.

On another note, it's getting so hard to find any unbiased reviews these days.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Ditto on that crazedclerk. I got into huge trouble once because I reccomended kodak film over our product. The guy was going to Italy for vacation and wanted to know what I thought was best. I wasn't gonna reccomend our crappy film for a trip of a lifetime.

Comment

What was she smoking and did she bring enough for everyone?!
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

VRS, your customers' pipes must be connected to the same lake of crazy water. Why are they all so horrible? And from where do you get the patience to put up with them? It doesn't matter how far between these incidents are - individually they are so bad it would take me weeks for my blood pressure to go down from just one.

In your situation, I'd be in a straitjacket. Kudos to you, dude.
                  http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

Comment

Are the people you deal with really this helpless?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                      Why do I get the feeling most of your customers are Darwin Award honorable mentions or future recipients? Seriously, you get more logic-fail than I've seen in my entire life.
                      I don't know why, but I DO know that I never miss reading one of VRS' posts. They never fail to entertain and astound.

Comment

Holy crap. Her life must suck.

Comment

Hmmm...she must not have known your name was Dave.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

VRS, I am ready to start planning my vacation. I want you to provide an unbiased summary of all the locations and rental units in your area, whether you are actually contracted to handle them or not.

I need to know which beach has the cleanest sand and the prettiest fish. Mind you I can only swim with the best fishies, and of course it is your job to ensure My vacation is top notch, if not then God will judge you!.

(honestly though I can smell the ocean breezes already, unfortunately for me, it ain't happenin this year.)
                            Tamezin

Comment

You could always do what I do when people started in on me like that - send them off to tripadvisor - so they could pester the internets folk with their questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X