This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stare all you want; you aren't getting in

Last night, shortly after closing time (which is 6PM on Sundays), one of our guys was outside policing up our shopping carts. We had the entrance doors switched off, but slid partially open so our guy could get back in. We also had the security gate partially deployed. There were also a couple loose carts obstructing the entrance.

That should have been enough of a signal that WE ARE CLOSED, NOW! but this idiot walked up to the doors moved the carts, and squeezed in through the partially open doors, and came to the second door, which was locked.

I stood on the other side of the door and told this doofus that we were closed.

Guy: When do you close on Sundays?

Me: 6.

*he looks at his watch and sees that it's 10 past*

Guy: Oh, ok. *leaves*

Not too bad, but he's not the reason I'm posting.

Just as the first idiot was being told we are closed, a car pulled up. The driver started to get out just as the first guy turned around and left.

Upon seeing that I'd just turned away Guy 1, Guy 2 stops dead, standing half in and half out of his vehicle. He then proceeds to start STARING at me, as if saying "You've got to be kidding me. Oh my God I don't believe this. You can't be CLOSED! What the FUCK!"

Thankfully, the last of the carts were brought in at this point, as the way this guy was staring was starting to creep me out. I quickly shut and locked the main doors, and closed and locked the gate. No way this guy is getting in now.

He CONTINUES to stare.

I walked away from the windows, and out of the corner of my eye, I can see him moving his head and continuing to give me the stink eye.

A couple minutes later, I walked past the windows again, and he's STILL THERE!!!! Still staning half in and half out of his car, and STILL has his eyes locked on me.

And a couple minutes after that, he was STILL there!!

At this point I'm thinking we might have to call the cops and report him for loitering, so I went over to the manager's office to let Focker know about this guy. On my way there....you guessed it.....STILL STARING.

Focker came out of the office to see for himself, and at that moment the guy peeled out of his parking space and left.

Thank God.....that was just creepy.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Clearly trying out his Jedi mind skills...
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

We now present his inner dialogue...

"LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME! LOVE ME!"

Repeat for 10 minutes.
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Did he try to do the "doe eyes" and start forming tears and pouting?

I had an incident once at the gas station, and that night I seriously contemplated asking the owner if we could install those big poles that go up so vehicles cannot enter.

It was Christmas Eve, I had all the lights off, the doors locked, I was counting my till, willfully ignoring the multiple vehicles that kept piling up to the pumps and people reefing and pulling on the door and the one or two that were pounding on the windows.

Get a fucking life, I'm thinking to myself.

But this customer...or should I say, sucky parent customers....pulled up to a pump in their minivan (mind you, it was VERY cold outside) and I could see the passenger staring at me for a good minute or so. Then one of the back doors opened and a SMALL CHILD got out of the van and struggled to pick up the hose and try to press the button......and the child then proceeded to hold the hose and stare at me.

No way......

Yes way. These idiots really thought if they sent their child out in the freezing winter night to pump gas, there's no way I could refuse, and I'd HAVE to let them get gas.

Nope. Sorry. I'm thisclose to being done with my paperwork and counting my till and setting up the new one.

No.

I tried to ignore them. It was so hard. And this went on for several minutes before they finally left.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          Did he try to do the "doe eyes" and start forming tears and pouting?
          He was too far away for me to tell, but based on what I could see, he was probably shooting eyeball daggers, not tears.

Oh, and those retractable posts are called "bollards."

I used to ask my boss at my previous store about that sort of thing to prevent people from parking in the loading area, though it quickly went from "posts" to "spikes"
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
          X