This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Sucky Sunday

A few of my favorite SC's from the last two Sundays. Includes more fun ways to try to steal or scam us.

Not a Self Scan
    I am at the other end of my supermarket bakery back room (a rectangle with 3/4 visible to customers, the other 1/4 from the register back is not, basically out supply storage and clean up are with dish washer, sinks, etc the entrance to the back room is next to the register) I am in the visible part of the back room hear a beep from the register and think nothing of it. A few minutes later a custoemr walks up.

SC: Can I pay you for <item>?
    Me: sure meet me at the register.
    At the register I notice it says "INVALID KEY". I clear it and ring out the SC.
    SC: Thank you.

Curious to the "INVALID KEY" and the previous beep I call LP. LP comes down and asks me a few questions. later in the day the GM comes down and explains that the SC had "tried to ring them selves out" and press the key for the item the had. Since the register was locked it beeped and hence the "INVALID KEY" message.

LP confronted them and they tried to say that they just wanted to pay for the item. Riiiiiight. This is why you keep you register locked when you are not near it.

Two exact items, different price.
    I am helping a custoemr at the counter when a SC walks up to the register (at the other end) and slams down two items.
    SC: Hey! Your items are priced wrong.
    Me: Ma'am I will be with you in one minute>
    SC: Fine!
    I finish up with my current customer and go over to help SC.
    Me: what app.....
    SC: You know hat, your worthless!!!! Yours going to riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip me off like you idiots always do. Screw you!!! *stomps off*

I look a the two items, which were the exact same but the bottom price tag/ingredient labels were different. We could have made that mistake BUT the lower price label had pieces of white paper on the sticky side and the residue from the original label elsewhere. The incorrect label was for a $1.60 loaf of bread from another nearby store in our chain.

I call LP and they take said item. LP calls the other store (sore numbers are printed on the labels) and has them check that bread product. Sure enough several loaves have had the labels ripped off.

It's smaller
    I am walking the store, checking our display tables when a older SC stops me holding a ice cream.
    SC:What do you think you are doing?
    Me: could you please explain. I don't understand.
    SC: The ice cream is smaller, it used to be XX OZ now it is xx OZ.
    Me: *duh! this has been happen since oh, last spring/summer when oil decided to got to $150/bbl of crude, although now they are increasing some sizes back to pre high oil prices as "new larger size!!!" Sir, the manufactures did that to offset increasing ingredient prices so they don't raise the prices on a box.
    SC: well I don't like it.
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that but you would have to talk to <ice cream company> as it is a national brand.
    SC: *to passing customer* Hey you! I bet you to retarded to notice that <store> and <ice cream company? are ripping you off with smaller sizes.
    Me: sir, calm down.
    SC: Never! I'm the CUSTOMERRRRRRRR!!! *throws ice cream on floor, denting container making it unsellable*
    Other Customer he yelled at: Maybe prices would be lower if grouchy old people like you realized that prices have increasing since 1940 and stopped damaging store property.
    SC: *to me* Kick him out of the str str now and have him arrest for insulting me.
    Me: No. have good day.

I take the damaged ice cream and give it to frozen to damage out. On the way I see MOD and tell them the story. Apparently the Sc does to to all employees.

I'm more afraid of customers and food
    I spotted these two SC's i our loose roll and bagel area.
    SC1: I am checking the floor and see SC1 reaching into a bag of rolls they had selected and putting them back into the bin.
    Me: Ma'am, did you not want those.
    SC1: No they are too soft.
    Me: Well in the future please just give us the bag. Once product is removed, it cant go back in. We now have to destroy all those rolls.\
    SC1: Can I have them for a discount.
    Me: No

I go get the trash can and toss/count all the different rolls she had in her bag and put back. I am in the back room filling out paper work I see SC2 digging threw our kaiser roll like a dog would dig a hole. I look at him and he says "Too light" and walks off. Fuck. I toss and count those. Total loss from SC1 and SC2, $35 dollars.

I hate customers.

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    SC: *to me* Kick him out of the str str now and have him arrest for insulting me.
    How about.....I kick YOU out of the store, and have YOU arrested for DISORDERLY CONDUCT?
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      How about.....I kick YOU out of the store, and have YOU arrested for DISORDERLY CONDUCT?
      No kidding, especially if he "does it to all employees" like the MOD said. If he has a history of histrionics and food damaging, ban his worthless hide already.

Hooray for the Other Customer, who told the SC off!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Absolutely. I do love it when good customers tell off the bad ones!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X