Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's called a SIGN...say it with me...SIIIGN!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's called a SIGN...say it with me...SIIIGN!

I don't know if it's like this at other retail places, but at ours if someone buys a prepaid phone card, they cannot return them. For any reason. We CANNOT refund them. The minute the transaction is done, the phone company takes that money out automatically (I THINK that's how it works, don't remember excactly.) So we cannot refund them. There are TWO big signs within two feet of each other in front of our card selection that say that unfortunately, you cannot return phone cards.

SC: (Sign avoiding moron)
    Me:

SC: *Wanders into our store and up to me. I see him holding a reciept and a phone card. I know there is trouble. He had just bought the card about a half hour before* "Yeah, I need to return this. I bought the wrong one.

Me: "I'm sorry sir but we cannot refund phone cards."

SC: "What the hell?!?"

Me: "We aren't allowed to refund them. You need to talk to the phone company about the possibility of a refund."

SC: "Why the hell not?!?"

Me: "The phone company takes that money as soon as the transaction is done. It's out of our hands..sir, there was a sign there warning you about that."

SC: "I didn't see any fucking sign!"

Me: *Walks over to them and points at both signs* "See they are right here."

SC: "OMGWHATTHEFUCKIJUSTWASTEDTHIRTYBUCKSONAFUCKINGPHO NECARDANDINEEDTHATMONEYBACKSOWHATTHEHELLAREYOUGONN ADOABOUTIT?!?!"

Me: "Sir, there is NOTHING I can do for you. If you want to talk to my manager, I'll call him for you."

SC: "YES! Call him!!"

I call the manager who explains that there is nothing we can do for him personally but he will be glad to call the phone company for him. SC throws card down and storms out. I'm sorry the idiot wasted thirty bucks, but come on! There is NO need to treat people like that.

Quoth bookishfreak View Post
    SC throws card down and storms out. I'm sorry the idiot wasted thirty bucks, but come on! There is NO need to treat people like that.
    Woo hoo Free $30 phone card ^_^

Comment

I wish...he kept the second reciept that we hand out with phone cards that has the PIN number on it. So no dice.

Comment

We sell gift cards to restaurant chains, home improvement stores, clothing, Amazon, etc. same deal, yet people still don't read them. EVER. The signs are all over the display, at the registers, etc.

Usually around Christmas people discover that the supermarket is the only place open and they need that last minute gift then come back a few days later because now they don't need it and want their money back.

If that happened to me I would probably just use it myself for say a meal, home improvement supplies or to say get gifts online for some other occasion.

Comment

What kind of twit returns a phone card/gift card, anyway? And how do you buy the WRONG phone card?

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          We sell gift cards to restaurant chains, home improvement stores, clothing, Amazon, etc. same deal, yet people still don't read them. EVER. The signs are all over the display, at the registers, etc.

Usually around Christmas people discover that the supermarket is the only place open and they need that last minute gift then come back a few days later because now they don't need it and want their money back.

If that happened to me I would probably just use it myself for say a meal, home improvement supplies or to say get gifts online for some other occasion.
          What, they just randomly buy a bunch? I make a detailed list and painstakingly pick out exactly the ones I need.

If the credit card ones didn't cost like 5 bucks extra, I'd just get those. Supermarkets are awesome.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
            What kind of twit returns a phone card/gift card, anyway? And how do you buy the WRONG phone card?
            Someone who's spent it and is trying to scam their money back. At least that's the way it is where I work... 99% of the time when people try to return a phone card, we call to check and it's been activated and used already. Or the customer somehow decides that "no it's OK" after all just before we call the phone company.

Comment

Up at our little country store my brother bought a phone card. The clerk has to print them out,and the dumbass clerk printed out the wrong kind(thats why I repeat the name 2-3 times and check it before I leave the counter) Well of course it was my brother's fault when the manager asked the clerk about it.But I don't feel bad for the idiot in this post,HE was the one that picked up the wrong card,you didn't do it. I will never understand people..Had he stopped being a prick and let you call the phone place then he would have gotten his 30.00 bucks back.But of course he has to throw a fit like a child.

Comment

I think all places are like this, when my daughter was still on a pre-paid, I had stopped at my local big box store to pick a card up for her, and there was a woman in the same position, only she wasn't being a royal Biatch. The good news was, the card she had was the one we needed, she was going to just give it to me, because she was just going to have to pitch it. But I couldn't do that, so I bought her the card she needed and we swapped, all was good in happy happy land.
                Tamezin

Comment

Working...
                X