This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I HATE YOU..... OVER"

Our store uses walkie talkies to communicate. They're very strong and can be used all the way across the plaza in which we are located (sometimes further in good weather).

Unattended walkie talkie + PUNK KIDS = DONKEY NOISES, BABY TALK, AND MOCKING LAUGHTER ALLLLL NIGHT LOOOOOONG.

It wasn't just annoying, it was like a handicap. It's our only method to communicate with each other and conduct business.

I SWEAR IF I EVER FIND THOSE PUNKS THEY ARE GOING TO GET A SWIFT AND HARD KICK IN THEIR BEHINDS.

Plus, those walkie talkies are SO EXPENSIVE. I'd searched the parking lot and saw a car with some teens tear out once they saw me coming. I'm pretty sure it was them.

The worst part, this is possibly the second time this has happened. I have a feeling they'll be back.

Are you guys able to change the channel on the walkie talkies? Maybe you all can use a different channel everyday? Choose one and tell everyone at the beginning of the day. That might help.

Comment

Ownership

If those radios are so expensive, then isn't there someone that some 'splainin' to do about where their radio is?

Comment

Yep, we've had our radios go missing because someone didn't feel like having it hang-off their belt, set it down, and it was gone. $400.

I saw a coworker set his radio down where he was working 6hen walk-away and dissapear. The radio was sitting out in the open with customers walking by. So I picked it up and brought it back to the Office.

When he came back, he SERIOUSLY started to panic. I let him worry a little before I told him where it was. He said something like he couldn't lose his radio AGAIN
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

$400! If they are anything like the ones at our store, they are CRAP! So sad.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The radios my store used to use were cheapies that you might find in a 2-pack for 50 bucks or less.

And they were crap. The buttons to turn them on fell off so you had to use a tweezers to turn them on.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We have had a waltie talkie go walkies.

Whoever stole it got in trouble with the police later that night, cos we got a phone call telling us they had recovered it. Management instituted a policy of signing for radios after that but it didn't last long.

It was a while ago and we have had at least one turn over of staff since then, so the same radio gets left lying around.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
              X