This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helped get a scammer...

At my WM we sell $1 DVDs, the picture is suprisingly good and there are some titles that sre pretty darn good too. We had a customer come in with three OPEN DVDs and said that they wouldn't work. Now I must point out that we have never had anyone retun the dollar DVDs before, and everyone who has purchased them including me has had no trouble whatsoeverwith the discs. But this guy insists that they were defective and were cheap sh-t, etc. etc. Our Service desk worker told him that as per company policy he can only exchange DVDs for the same titles.(If there are no more we give a gift card)
    Guy: I won't be able to find those titles so i want a gift card!! <goes off to check>.
    SDW: Yeah, right, he probably just didn't like the flicks.
    ME: I'll check too, I'm sure i have seen plenty of copies for each one of those titles.
    Lo and behold i check, and there are at least 10 copies of each DVD he returned, also, a copy of each was bodly sitting in plain sight, I grab a copy of the three DVDS, taking care to remove them from the back so as not to disturb, the copies at the front. I hand the copies I procured to the CDW. Naturally,The guy says he wasn't able to find the DVDs, (I watched him, and the weel placed DVDS were still visable while he searched the rows. I, stationed nearby, trying to untangle carts, heard him say "Damn, why do they have so many copies of Jesus the Messenger that sucked!" (JTM was one of the DVDs he returned .) He goes to SDW and states he couldn't find any copies of the three DVDs he returned. She holds uo the copies i found andsaid "
    "Yeah, I had an associate get them for you."
    Him: Well, I didn't see any!!! These are crap anyway!!!(BTW he had 10 other dollar DVDs as he said this.) The exchange goes smoothly after that though.

I have about 5 of those $1.00 DVD's. They are really good, and I am planing on going to WM, I might check into them again. I only had to return 1 DVD, and that was just because it was broken apart
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yup, due to the way the DVD's are manufactured it is virtually impossible to end up with a defective disc. ~99.9999% of the time it is the DVD Player (dirty lense or just a piece of crap), a little dust, finger print etc on the disc that kind of stuff.

I've been dealing with DVD's for years (my company does DVD and CD duplication), I got to tour the Technicolor facility in Camarillo California about 7 years ago and actually watch the process for Replicating (the process used to create the discs you buy at BB or rent at BBV or even buy at WM for a buck a pop, yup same basic injection mold process.

So if no one else has returned copies of the same titles, I would eat my boot if the discs are really defective.

Way to go on getting that turd.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
        Our Service desk worker told him that as per company policy he can only exchange DVDs for the same titles.(If there are no more we give a gift card)
        Ha! You guys must love that policy (especially in this case!!) At least he didn't start whining demanding to see a supervisor just so he can get his money back (or gift card . . .).

People try and return movies here because they didn't like them. Yeah, we'll, shoulda rented it first I guess . . .
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Maybe you should explain the concept of beer coasters to him!

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
            Yup, due to the way the DVD's are manufactured it is virtually impossible to end up with a defective disc. ~99.9999% of the time it is the DVD Player (dirty lense or just a piece of crap), a little dust, finger print etc on the disc that kind of stuff..

i don't know about that....when the South Park season 8(i think it was season 8.whichever came out last) DVD came out, i went and bought it from target. i took it home and popped it in the DVD player. it went through the previews for other shows, and then went to just a white screen. i left it like that for 15 minutes before i called target to see if i could exchange it. i took it back, exchanged it for the same title,and the new one worked just fine. the first one was brand new out of the package straight to the dvd player. it played the show previews just fine though.

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
              i don't know about that....when the South Park season 8(i think it was season 8.whichever came out last) DVD came out, i went and bought it from target. i took it home and popped it in the DVD player. it went through the previews for other shows, and then went to just a white screen. i left it like that for 15 minutes before i called target to see if i could exchange it. i took it back, exchanged it for the same title,and the new one worked just fine. the first one was brand new out of the package straight to the dvd player. it played the show previews just fine though.
              I went through something along those lines a few years ago w/a DVD I had purchased through Amazon. The DVD was a miniseries called "A Will of Their Own" and I had been searching for it for some time, and it turned out it was just being released. Ordered my copy, got it a few days later, unwrapped it faster than a kid on Christmas Day, put in the DVD player and it seemed to be fine.

Well, the first chapter was fine. When the second chapter started, there was an approximate 3 second delay between the audio and video (ie, they weren't syncrhonized, so that the actor's lips were moving, but what you were hearing didn't go w/the scene.)

After taking the DVD out of the player, running the cleaning dvd, putting the same DVD back in and replaying it only to get the same result, I contacted Amazon and sent it back the next day.

Two days later I had a new copy and it was fine. Apparently that first copy was a dud.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We kept getting back copies of the DVD "Hoot" in the past few month. Quite a few of them have been defective. Guess we just received a bad batch or something.

Comment

Working...
                X