This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexually Harrassed Pezzle

So yeah. I just recently got sexually harrassed at work. My apologies to anyone who works for our big BB competitor.

Guy from Geek Squad who apparently used to work as a tech comes in and starts talking to my co worker. He has the audacity to say "You're a tech? You...are a tech? You're a girl!"

I jokingly reply "Yeah, gee, what is the world coming to." in a monotone voice and continue unscrewing a laptop hard drive mount.

"So vince does she know as much as you or like is she back here becuase they're evening out the playing field?" V-dog replies that I know well more than enough to work back behind the bench.

He then pipes up with "Wow you guys must f*cking really be getting desperate to hire her in my place. Circuit City's scraping the bottom of the barrel here."

I proceeded to stab the tech counter with a screwdriver, as I was passively listening with my back turned. Good thing it's a soft cork-like material or I woulda' been screwed.

By the way, they banned him for life.

No. NoO. He didn't do that. Tell me he was at least like, a thousand years old back when that crap was sorta around.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
      By the way, they banned him for life.
      w00t!!!

This is why I no longer shop at BB.

Having bought several computer systems there, dropping several thousands of dollars to do so (because my ex didn't like the idea of using the true-Geek hole-in-the-wall places), not ONCE was I ever addressed at any time during any of the browsing, buying or subsequent repair procedures. This despite constant protestations from my ex that "You really should talk to her [pointing for effect], because I don't know what you're talking about."

Glad to hear they got that moron out of your hair, Pezzle!!
      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Yeah. I hear that. Our CC is much smaller than the local BB, but we gut a very high volume despite that (We only have two actual checkout lanes and registers at each section). So we always get the chance to greet everyone. I have no idea why everyone at BB always seems very eletist, and why everyone at my CC is very helpful and friendly to everyone. Or why the Geek Squad think they're hot sh*t because they dress like the FBI.

Comment

I have to say here that, being rather clueless when it comes to tech shit (I know how to OPERATE a computer, but am helpless if it needs fixing), if I walk into a tech place for tech help and there is someone there, I don't care if they are male, female, tall, short, pretty, ugly, whatever....if they can answer my astoundingly moronic question, they are my hero.

I usually preface any such questions with, "Hi. I'm an idiot. Can you help me?"

I do this not only to be funny (which it is), but also because, in that area of life, I pretty much AM an idiot.

I may not be humble about the things I know I am good at, but I sure as hell am honest about things I know nothing or less than nothing about.

I feel that balances everything out, don't you?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

My husband is a Special Agent for Geek Squad.
            The poor guy, he constantly has to fix the problems other agents from other stores create, because they hire in morons who don't necessarily know how to set up or fix systems, just are good at selling add-ons. He's also about the only guy in his district that can touch a Mac and have it like him.

I like his uniform though, it's nerdy-sexy

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
              My husband is a Special Agent for Geek Squad.
              The poor guy, he constantly has to fix the problems other agents from other stores create, because they hire in morons who don't necessarily know how to set up or fix systems, just are good at selling add-ons. He's also about the only guy in his district that can touch a Mac and have it like him.

I like his uniform though, it's nerdy-sexy
              Ha ha, I have to fix problems like that too. I can barely upsell our warranties but man can I fix a computer. Hence, why they usually leave me behind the counter and not on the sales floor. He's one in a million.

The outfit is nerd sexy. Very nerd sexy. I'm stuck with this lime jolly rancher green monstrousity of a uniform (it looks sexy with my black undershirt tho ).

PS: I dont care if my picture is on here as I never badmouth my coworkers online. I just vent things that my managers back me up on, so i am not afraid of citation or punishment aite?

Comment

The plaidman likes! Very cute!
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Pezzle, you can fix my compueter any day!

Not that it needs it.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I wouldn't call it sexual harrassment, I'd say it was more like moronic comments from a doofus!

Kibbles

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                      Guy from Geek Squad who apparently used to work as a tech comes in and starts talking to my co worker. He has the audacity to say "You're a tech? You...are a tech? You're a girl!"....He then pipes up with "Wow you guys must f*cking really be getting desperate to hire her in my place. Circuit City's scraping the bottom of the barrel here."
                      How did this guy manage to be a computer tech? I thought that required opposable thumbs?!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ok I think that guy just had some sour grapes goign on in that he was replaced by somebody better techie, better looking and generally more with a clue than him.

As for Best Buy in general my wife and I havent had much problem with the folks at ours. In the past 4 years we've bought several thigns from them and got no bad attitude from them. I mean we bought a washer and they talked to my wife about it instead of me when I said she's the one to talk to(I'll use the machine but shes the one who understands what all the different settings mean.) Of course I've only dealt with the geek squad once when i got my laptop and they had to restore the hard drive because I bought the display model (The exact last one they had in the store and no I didnt throw a fit to get it they offered to sell it to me so they could open the shelf space since that model was discontinued.) and they couldnt get thier BB demo stuff off of it otherwise. They even gave me a copy of all the restore disks on cd as well as it being on the HD.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          I don't care if they are male, female, tall, short, pretty, ugly, whatever....if they can answer my astoundingly moronic question, they are my hero.

I usually preface any such questions with, "Hi. I'm an idiot. Can you help me?"
                          Are you sure your name isn't Tim? My husband is the exact same way with computer questions (even though he's got 2-3 years of college comuter networking under his belt). He's even said to computer techs, "I'm a total idiot . . . but . . ." followed by the standard moronic question (at least he's willing to admit it!!). I know very little about computers as well, I can use them and I can make a problem even worse, that's about it . . .
                          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            How did this guy manage to be a computer tech? I thought that required opposable thumbs?!
                            Not only opposable thumbs, but I would suspect it would also require having a brain.

BB did the correct thing in banning the guy. He sounds like he's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Apologies from your brothers over at the BB, some people are just jerks. We have a few females who work our Precinct and they do a great job so keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                              X