This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't that like stealing?

I was helping another person, while my coworker was dealing with an SC trying to return a bottle of shampoo.

SC: I want to return this shampoo, but I had a coupon on it, so I just want to exchange.
    CW: Sorry, we don't do exchanges due to store policy. (looks at receipt) And the coupon is a month past expired so we can't honor it again.
    SC: No. I want to exchange it.
    CW: We cannot. I am sorry.
    SC: Okay, well, can I just go grab another bottle and you keep this one?
    CW: No. That's exchanging. We can't do that.
    SC: I just want another bottle. I'm going to get one.
    CW: I cannot allow an exchange. I'm sorry.
    SC: How about I get the coupon off the new bottle?
    CW: I told you, the coupon is a month past expired. I can't honor it.
    SC: Then refund me the full price on this bottle, and I'll go buy another one.
    CW: I cannot allow that.
    SC: Then let me go grab another bottle, and you keep this one.
    CW: Ma'am. I am SORRY. I cannot allow that. You either get a refund on the couponed price of this bottle or you keep it. No exchanges.
    SC: I just want another bottle.

At this point, the people in line behind her are getting impatient. A few are giggling at this customer's complete density. The gentleman I am helping is listening intently.

CW: Ma'am. I gave you your options.
    SC: I don't want this bottle! I hate *name brand*! I want *different, much more expensive name brand*!
    CW: Wait. So let me get this straight. You want me to refund you the FULL price of this bottle, even though you paid a discounted price? And you want to go buy another brand entirely, that the coupon was not for?
    SC: YES! Why is that such a problem?!

The Awesome Customer I am helping steps in.

AC: You want more money back than what you paid for something? Isn't that almost like stealing?
    SC: ...

She thinks for a minute about her logic. She then notices that the whole line is staring at her, either annoyed or with amusement. SC opts to leave without her refund.
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

I love your store, Nakajo, but it can be so full of EWs. They're already getting a big discount on most items, but they always frikkin' want more, More, MORE.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

The things people think they are entitled to astounds me.
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
      X