• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she tricked me

Guest: Yea Dave, I am looking for a beach house to rent 4th of July week

Me: Ok I have this really nice house here available

Guest: right, now I just saw online you have this other house available

Me: yes it is available but the interior rating is quite low

Guest: oh so you dont recommend that one?

Me: not that I dont recommend it but it isnt furnished quite as nicely, older furniture, appliances etc

Guest: so in other words, its a dump

Me: not a dump, really

Guest: you dont sound so sure about that

Me: no its not a dump

Guest: I am just curious to know why you wouldnt have recommended that house first, I think its really nice

Me: ok so would you like to reserve it?

Guest: No

pause for a few seconds

Guest/owner: Dave, do you know who I am?

Me: no ma'am

Owner: I am the owner of that house that you said had older furniture and appliances and that you didnt recommend...I will have you know that I have owned that house for 30 years and kept it immaculate and I am utterly offended to hear you badmouth my home

Me: I didnt badmouth it

Guest: then why didnt you recommend it first?

Me: because there were higher grade properties available

Guest: so you do think my house is a dump?

Me: I didnt say that, ma'am

Guest: this is the second time we have called to be sure you people were trying to rent out home and both times, you havent. I talked to a young lady last week who went as far as to say she probably wouldnt stay there. If thats how you feel, then we may as well take our house off your rental program and put it somewhere where it's appreciated. I have one lousy rental for the entire summer, Dave. This is unacceptable....and on and on and on and on for a good 25-30 minutes.

If you want rentals, upgrade. Let me describe this place to you. It is a 4 bedroom, 1200 square foot house and is about a 7 minute walk to the beach with no view of anything really. Everything in the place is at least 20 years old, the carpet is old and stained everywhere and the TV doesnt have a remote, its one of those ones where you turn the dial. She does have a hot tub in there but it's broke and she refuses to fix it and she wants me to recommend her house over homes that are much nicer and closer to the beach

Well, it sounds as if she shouldn't let the door hit her in the a$$ on the way out. I doubt she will be missed... At least your spineless management doesn't have any particular point to cave in on.

*insert sarcasm* I'm sure she will have no problem getting another renting company to feature it as the jewel of their rental program.

SirWired

Comment

Actually Ma'am, we DO have a 2nd rental reservation for you. They are coming to see the place this afternoon. Will you be there? Great! They should be there around 4pm. Name's Flintstone. They may include some friends of theirs. I forget the name. A Mr. and Mrs. Hubble, I think.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I assume the rental price is less.
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
          I assume the rental price is less.
          I wouldn't. She probably wants a bloody fortune for her dump.

That's right, I said it!
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            Actually Ma'am, we DO have a 2nd rental reservation for you. They are coming to see the place this afternoon. Will you be there? Great! They should be there around 4pm. Name's Flintstone. They may include some friends of theirs. I forget the name. A Mr. and Mrs. Hubble, I think.
            Rubble, you mean. :P

Comment

If she wants more rentals she should uh...UPGRADE.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                Rubble, you mean. :P
                ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Reminds me of a beach house in Myrtle Beach my family stayed at one year. My grandparents, along with an uncle and an aunt went together with my parents to rent the house for a week, and although the house looked nice from the outside, and the inside was nicely paneled, the plumbing looked like it had been done by a bunch of monkeys. Ok, so South Carolina is a bit closer to the equator, but it still gets cold there during the winters, and the plumbing for this house was all underneath (it was on stilts), hanging out in the open, with no insulation on it. The drain pipe for one toilet was angled /up/. (No wonder stuff came back after you flushed it..) The drain pipe under the sink had perhaps 1/8" of material to hold it into either end of the rest of the piping, and it popped out one night while my mom was doing dishes to dump all of the dishwater out onto the floor.

The rental company sent over a plumber who agreed that whoever did the plumbing was a complete idiot. As we found out, it was the son of the lady who owned it. She wasn't willing to pay for it to be properly done, so she had her son do it. We never stayed there again, and if anyone mentioned going down there, we always recommended avoiding that house. So if the owner in the OP wants renters, then cough up the cash to make it a nice place to stay, or people will remember how awful it was when they stayed in your dump, and they'll spread the word.
                  A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Yes, please try and get someone else to rent out your place.

"Dump"? Could be worse, could be room# 1408
                    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
                    X