This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying Bills

Where I work we have a Post Office counter, can do most things any normal post office can, ie take your parcels for sending, do Western Unions and pay your bills

If you are a customer wishing to pay your bill, please make sure you have said bill with barcode, it makes my job A LOT easier (most companies put a barcode on their bills for the P.O if people can pay their bills that way). In some cases you CANNOT pay your bill without barcode, and don't go off at me because you forgot it.

If all you need is your account number if you have forgotten said bill, make sure you have the number, don't expect me to know it.

Also if you can ring the company to get the account number, don't ask me for a phone. Yes there is a phone on the wall you can use, but it direct links only to a certain number of companies. Don't get pissy at me when I say that there are pay phones just outside that you are more than welcome to use. Don't go ask my CW on the other side of the store who is on a till by herself (3 possible registers to use) who clearly has no access to a telephone herself. Then don't get even more pissy when she rings for help re: your question about the phone as she has only just started working at this particular store and I am the one who starts to walk over, there are only so many people in the store on a Friday Night when barely anyone comes in.

Please don't get really annoyed when the machine that prints all of the car registration cards runs out of something, I have yet to be told how to replace anything in the said machine and you will have to wait while my boss does it, and he has to uncoil one of the rolls inside by hand as it wouldn't come off like it normally does. It won't make me work faster, in fact, with four or five people waiting behind you I will probably stuff something up and make the boss complain to me about it in the morning, grrr!

Oh and one other thing, if you don't know how much your bill is and you don't need to bring in your paper bill, please don't ask me. I do not have access to your companies records, you just get to pay them through us, we are NOT the same company.

Thats all from bill paying at the moment, when people actually try to post stuff it gets worse, but most of those people are really nice about all of the complicated gobble-de-gook that you have to go through, especially for overseas posting

P.S. most of the rant came from the same customer...
    Began work Aug as casual '08
    Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
    Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
    Why do I still work there again?

I feel so stupid.

I was totally unaware you could pay your bills at the post office! (This is USPS, right?)

...That makes me happy!
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Uh, no. This is in NZ, sorry if I got your hopes up! I probably should have made that a bit more clear.
      Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals

Comment

In the UK you can pay some bills at the post office too. It costs you 60p to do it, but sometimes if I'm trying to deal in cash to keep an idea on how much I'm spending I do it.
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

The post office in NZ is wonderful (except for when they changed over the postal rates... god what a nightmare).
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            In the UK you can pay some bills at the post office too. It costs you 60p to do it, but sometimes if I'm trying to deal in cash to keep an idea on how much I'm spending I do it.
            I'm not sure on that - the last twice I've paid my utilities at the post office (in cash) I didn't have to pay anything. Maybe it's a local thing?

EDIT: Just checked their site. Apparently some bill payments attract a fee. Guess I just got lucky. As you were!
            Last edited by MannersMakethMan; 05-08-2009, 08:01 PM.
            "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
              Uh, no. This is in NZ, sorry if I got your hopes up! I probably should have made that a bit more clear.
              Pardon this brief cursing spree:

$%@$TGQRET$^HYR%$^&%#^&##%!@$^&(*

...Ah well. I'm not stateside at the moment, anyhow.

Would've been awesome, though...
              "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                The post office in NZ is wonderful (except for when they changed over the postal rates... god what a nightmare).
                Yea, when it went from 40c to 45c I bought a box thinking that it would last me for a while, that they wouldn't put the rate up. Then they decide to make it 50c Had to go buy a whole lot of 5c stamps. We still sell them, the 5c stamps, and the 10c stamps for when people find their old ones.

Comment

I meant when they changed from most stuff being $3.25 or $4.75 to a volume based thing...

I took some stuff I was selling on trade me in to get a quote and got a price. I took the same exact package back 2 days later (both after the price change over) and they tried to charge me an extra $5 because the staff member was putting in the wrong dimensions and wouldn't listen to me... I eventually went back to the original staff member and got the lower price again...

there was a lot of fuss on the trademe website over those postal rates changing
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yea, that happened before I started at a post shop. It was apparently to make posting easier with all of the dimensions etc, but it is still rather confusing. We always have the odd SC complaining that the cost is too much. If I can I try to make the parcel smaller for customers to make it cheaper for posting

Comment

Working...
                    X