X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs. Hamptons Steals Perfume.

People will steal anything.

An older woman comes in, dressed in designer clothes and a trenchcoat (hence the moniker I gave her) and a friend/relative of hers, less fashionably dressed. Mrs. Hamptons is stopped at the door when she leaves by our LP and she withdraws a bottle of cheap perfume from under her coat.

"I'll be right out!" she calls cheerfully to her friend, who just nods and rolls her eyes.

Really. For God's sake. Cheap, $3 PERFUME. Not the good stuff, the stuff that people slather on them like water and that makes me choke when I go within 50 feet of you. Perfume. She has more than enough money to pay 3 measly dollars for it but no, too cheap to part with her money.

Not quite as sad as the box of queen size pantyhose I saw lying empty on the shelf, or the box of tampons someone stole on Christmas, but still sad nonetheless.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Working at the gas station, I once went to clean the ladies' restroom to find that the entire casing for the toilet paper had been ripped off the wall and destroyed, and all the toilet paper stolen out of it.

Really, toilet paper?

At least the women on day shift where I work have been saving money on toilet paper for years in a non criminal (but still disgusting) way. They come to work super early to take their daily enormous dump.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      Working at the gas station, I once went to clean the ladies' restroom to find that the entire casing for the toilet paper had been ripped off the wall and destroyed, and all the toilet paper stolen out of it.

Really, toilet paper?
      its not as uncommon as you might think. The libarary where my father worked had toilet paper stolen on a regular basis. They ended up putting some of the security strips that they use in the books inside the centre of the rolls. Within a couple of days they'd caught a woman with close to a dozen rolls in her bag.
      Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere, just recently, that when Carol Burnett was a child (it was during the depression), her mom would take her to the movies once a week. After the show, they would visit the 'facilities' -- and stock up on toilet paper for the whole next week!
        Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

we had poo ticket thiefts at work as well..... we had a staff of 250 at the shipping company and "went through" over 500 rolls a week..... yeah right!

we also supplied coffee, tea and biscuits that I had to keep under LOCK AND KEY (I know I had them) and in the ten months while I worked there someone attempted to pick the locks at least twice.... pathetic
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
          X