This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shut up! Don't tell anyone I'm stealing this!"

A good friend of mine from up north found it hard to believe that people would steal in a grocery store. We always told her about it, but she refused to believe people could stoop to such lows anywhere. Well, finally, she got a piece of the action and told the best story I've heard in a long time.

She was on her way home and stopped off at a local Winn Dixie in North Florida for some more feminine products. As she was checking out, there was a man in line with this humongous cowboy hat on. As she looked up at him, she noticed there was this pink liquid dripping from underneath the hat. "Sir," she said. "You have something strange coming from underneath your hat." His reply was, "Lady, be quiet and mind your own business!" "But, sir, there appears to be something leaking from your hat." Again he told her to shut up and mind her own business. Well, she decided to check it out, so she reached up and pulled his hat off. To her disbelief and to others waiting in line, this man had stuffed four ribeye steaks underneath his hat, and the pink liquid she noticed was the blood from the meat! She was flabbergasted and stunned that anyone would stoop to such a low, let alone stand in the check out line with other items he intended to pay for. But for some reason, he didn't want to pay for these steaks. Lord knows why.

In the end, this man was so embarrassed that he ended up running out of the store, without his groceries, and without his hat. The one who got away, but people like this get theirs in the end. Working for the grocery store industry at one time, it got to where customers who came in wearing huge coats and/or hats, or brought in large handbags were often watched. This is also the reason why you're being video taped at grocery stores these days. Who can you trust?

Great post there. I was at first expecting the pink liquid to be Pepto-Bismol.

Which that turkey probably would have needed if he had made it home w/those steaks and cooked them, with them being in a warm place such as underneath a hat.

Now that would have been justice. Talk about getting the runs
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
      Great post there. I was at first expecting the pink liquid to be Pepto-Bismol.
      I was expecting that as well . . . stealing steak however . . . how desparate can you be? I mean, eww, steak on your head? How could he have pulled that off? (with stuffing the steaks under his hat, someone surely would've have noticed . . .)
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

hehehe what a meat head....

....sorry someone had to say it
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Ewww! Blech! She should've offered him one of her feminine supplies for the mess!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
            hehehe what a meat head....

....sorry someone had to say it
            *rim shot

If he'd have told me not to tell anyone he was stealing steaks, I would've replied loudly. "OK. The blood running down your face from under your hat kinda gives it away anyhow."
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
              I was at first expecting the pink liquid to be Pepto-Bismol.
              I also was expecting Pepto-Bismol.

Great minds think alike.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I was expecting the liquid to be a hair product or novelty drink....

Comment

I also thought Pepto Bismol

But what a dumb man. Nice try, buddy....
                  -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                  -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

LOL Saw that one coming. When my late husband worked for a grocery in upstate New York, they had seasonal customers that were hiscitic? Jews, and for the most part, notorious thieves. (No offense meant towards anyone, he just specified who they were, himself being Jewish, he could never figure it out). He told me the story of the Rabbi that he watched on the security cam stuffing the steaks under his hat (nice to see its the same technique down south), or there were the women in the long skirts that would pause in the middle of an aisle for no reason, then walk along, leaving a steaming pile behind them (not just old women either, ALL ages he watched do this). Also, the small breasted women that would stuff the small cheeses in their bras (ma'am, I think I see a lump, you should have that checked), and the teenage boys carrying their 'Holey' Books (which were hollowed out), they would put candy in there, sausages, (when he told me this, I said, "Sausages?? No way, I thought that pork wasn't kosher?" And he'd confirm that, yes, they were in fact PORK sausages).

Again, I have noticed that religious references tend to be very touchy on here, so I apologize for even bringing it up, but I do because the story is very specific around it, and I'm sure that everyone here is intelligent enough to recognize that every barrel has its bad apples.
                    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                      When my late husband worked for a grocery in upstate New York, they had seasonal customers that were hiscitic? Jews,
                      Hassidic.

And the possibility that your husband overlooked was that these were not Hassidic Jews at all, but people DRESSED as Hassidic Jews to deflect suspicion. Obviously, not having been there, I can’t say whether or not they were, but that is one thing that should be considered.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

There are a number of religious groups, of all paths, who believe that they do not have to treat the people/world outside their religious groups the same way they treat those who are members of their groups.

Lying and stealing are acceptable as long as the lying and stealing are only done to those who are not members of the religious group.

Before I get attacked, this is happening in many different religious groups, I'm not singling anyone out. It's most common among high demand organizations (HDOs) that require more than just standard observance among members. This includes cults, certain sects of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, and Pagan groups of all types.

I remember a segment on "Unsolved Mysteries" about a Hasidic Jew who regularly ran real estate/banking scams, scoring millions of dollars. He then apparently donated most of this money to Hasidic causes.

People have adaptable consciences, especially when there's an Us vs. Them attitude.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                          I was expecting that as well . . . stealing steak however . . . how desparate can you be? I mean, eww, steak on your head? How could he have pulled that off? (with stuffing the steaks under his hat, someone surely would've have noticed . . .)
                          should've plastic bagged the steaks, then he might have gotten away with it...unless some grocery stores have attack dogs that are hungry.

of course, you could be like most people...write bad checks for food, and somehow get away with it.
                          HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                            There are a number of religious groups, of all paths, who believe that they do not have to treat the people/world outside their religious groups the same way they treat those who are members of their groups.

People have adaptable consciences, especially when there's an Us vs. Them attitude.
                            People who bomb abortion clinics, others who fly planes into buildings with the notion that doing so will get them into a martyr's paradise. Nuff' said.

Comment

you have to look at if their actually members of the religious group they claim to be, often they arent, obviously none of us can know for sure from the outside but their actions usually indicate that they probably arent

Comment

Working...
                              X