This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Store BS

Ok, this one combines both the bull of High School social classes and the sucky customer. And is also my first post on this thing.

In my High School there is a "General Business" class. In it you learn the basics of business and through out the year we run the School Store. This means we have to both do our departmental job and work in the store as either cashiers or stock person. Guess who got stuck with cashier.

A few weeks ago, it was my day in the store. I walk in, do the normal opening procedures and sit at the computer register and start reading my book. (The Death of WCW by RD Reynolds if you want to know) Now, the first part of the day was slow, being as some sort of football thing was going on. Then that thing got out and I am bum-rushed with the player and their girlfriends.

I'm a nerd by the way and am DEFIANTLY not popular with the "in" crowd. thats the way I like it though.

Our store is set up like a coffee house, tables, a music player, TV, and food and coffee that thankfully I don't have to touch since I'm on register. One more hint of back-story before this, I have long hair, and I'm a guy. Great fodder for these docuhes.

Okay, The bum-rushing starts. Me and the guy I'm working with are rushing to get the people there stuff. I'm frantically typing on the computer to ring up all the stuff. Finally it settles down and one more guy comes up. I recognize him as one of the senior (I'm a senior too) starters or something.

Here is the convo.

Deamon: Slightly psychotic guy at the register.
    Douchebag: as the name implys.
    (One last note-We can get away with being a little more sarcastic then people at real stores)

Deamon: Can I help you?
    Douchebag: Give me a slushie, a Slim Jim and a pop-tart
    Deamon: *takes stuff, sets the Slim-Jim and pop-tart on counter in front of him* Ok, that will be -however much money it was-
    Douchebag: How about I just play good tonight and this goes on credit or something.
    Deamon: I'm sorry, we only take money here.
    Douchebag: Come on man, you can trust me.
    Deamon: Sorry man, I trust no one.
    Douchebag: Do you know who I am fagpuff (yes, fagpuff, nice one)
    Deamon: Should I?
    Douchebag: Yes
    Deamon: Well you obviously haven't done anything important, so you'll have to play.
    (He's getting pissed, I'm smiling, knowing I have the upper-hand)
    *Douchebag grabs the Slim Jim and Pop-Tart and starts to walk off.*
    Deamon: You have to pay for those buddy
    Douchebag: Like hell I do.
    *gets on phone, calls the in-school cop. The teacher told us to call him if anything happened.*

Yeah. Apparently he's just being made to pay for the stuff and getting suspended.

Screw High School

Ah yes, an interesting version of the Do You Know Who I Am sketch that is frequently a part of this customer service variety hour.* Here's something interesting I've figured out as regards to highschool social status. Your social stature in highschool reflects inversely upon your social stature in the rest of your life. If you're an awkward nerd at the nigh-unto bottom of the social ladder, likeliness is you'll do very well after school. If you're captain of the football team and revered among classmates and teachers alike, you're doomed. If that's the case than consider yourself peaked at the age of seventeen.

*Sometimes I just have no idea what I'm typing.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

So what happens when you are the geek of geeks, accepted by a very small number of people, but revered by the teachers for you technical skills?
      I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Thing is, the teachers don't really like me either. I'm kinda the sarcastic nerd who hates being at school.

Oh, and I got the football coaches for teachers also. That don't help.

Comment

That's exactly why I hated High School. The cliques annoy me so much. I was a loner in high school, I didn't have many friends. I'm so glad to be gone. What a jerk to think he didn't have to pay for anything. I really hope he does get suspended and that they don't suddenly decide go lenient on him.

Comment

Wow - a high school that teaches business that has its students run a bookstore/coffee shop! I'm really impressed. When I was waiting tables, I always felt that everyone in high school should be required to work a quarter in the restaurant biz. Now that I have been here - high schools should require something as yours does.

I was not very popular either, but it didn't matter. I had my own little group of friends and that's all I needed.

Welcome to the board!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

i hope he didnt get to play.
              That would be perfect.
              http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
              Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

OOO - that would be nice, but you know it didn't happen that way.
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Douchebag: How about I just play good tonight and this goes on credit or something.
                  Oh. I take it douchebag is on a sports team?

I would've told him to pay up anyway, and if he plays poorly he owes me double.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth DeamonCohln View Post
                    Thing is, the teachers don't really like me either. I'm kinda the sarcastic nerd who hates being at school.

Oh, and I got the football coaches for teachers also. That don't help.
                    So long as you don't let school scar you too badly, you should be set for life, then.

Comment

Quoth jb17kx View Post
                      So what happens when you are the geek of geeks, accepted by a very small number of people, but revered by the teachers for you technical skills?
                      You grow up to be Bill Gates.

In my high schools (I went to 3…my parents were rather mobile), I was not exactly Mr. Popularity. I WAS the Class Clown everywhere I went…even in my younger days when I was more of an introvert (yes, me!), I was always counted on to be the cutup, so I had that going for me. But I was a bit nerdy, dorky, athletically challenged….when you are short, skinny, and fairly intelligent, you have most of the recipes for geekdom.

Fast forward a few years. I am still short, skinny, and fairly intelligent. I also happen to be very quick-witted, am a professional magician, stunning and amazing the very douchebags that I wanted to strangle in high school, and as often as not, taking their women. Because, my fine feathered friends, I found that, while I am not Brad Pitt, I am also not Ernest Borgnine, and personality and the ability to make people laugh more than most counts for a hell of a lot. And I have gobs of both of those. (No humility though, obviously.)

Are there going to be awkward social high school nerds that grow up to be awkward social adult nerds? Yes. Are there going to be high school “in” people that grow up to continue to be the hit of the scene? Sure. But as was said above, quite often, roles change as we get older. (I refuse to use the phrase “grow up” damn it!)

The lesson I am trying to impart here? You don’t have to be Brad Pitt.
                      Billy Joel got Christie Brinkley.
                      Billy Crystal got Meg Ryan. (I know, it’s in the movies only, but go with me here.)
                      That geeky weird looking guy from The Cars got freakin’ Paulina Porizkova!

And this short, skinny, dorky, brainy, funny high school dork has been involved with some of the most beautiful (in both ways) women around. And has grown into one hell of a guy, one that pulls stunts on Election Day, has run for political office, traveled the country, performed for and danced and drank with celebrities, worked at a clothing optional bar, and been hired to perform magic at a surprise birthday party in Las Vegas, among other things. (Did I mention “is also now devilishly handsome” as well? No? Probably a reason for that, come to think of it….)

As the original poster said: fuck high school.

Me, I can’t wait for the 20 year reunion.

Now, Mr. Football Hero…take a card so I can slam dance on your brain.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Welcome aboard. Excellent choice of reading material. It's always nice to run into fellow 'Crappers on the net.

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
                          i hope he didnt get to play.
                          That would be perfect.
                          Unless the team lost, then they decide to harrass DC because "he got Douchebag in trouble!"

Both Grade School and High School sucked for me. I was homely, socially awkward and physically very clumsy. The bullies and snobs had a field day with me every day.

My class just had its 20 year reunion, and some of the biggest jerks were on the Reunion Committee. Bet they wondered why I didn't bother going.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My dad waited 25 years, but he got back at the high school snobs. Patience has its virtues...

Some backstory- this chick was a popular cheerleader in high school. Very pretty. Dated a different guy each week- you know the type. She never gave my father the time of day in the entirety of their high school years.

SC- Snobby Chick
                            D- our hero

SC- Wow, D! I haven't seen you in years...you haven't changed a BIT!

D- No...but, you sure have. You're as fat as a cow.

SC-

D- **walks away**

I love my dad. Anyone who knows me, then meets him, doesn't need to ask where I get it from.
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn View Post
                              Welcome aboard. Excellent choice of reading material. It's always nice to run into fellow 'Crappers on the net.
                              Just tell me your not smark4lyfe and we're good

Thanks for all the support guys. Yeah, I'll be heading off to wrestling school after this year so I'll have to deal with the jocks again. But this time I'm on even ground because I'm doing the same thing as them.

Just gotta survive three more marking periods...

Comment

Working...
                              X