This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words cannot explain

Call taker just called back to the dispatch department stating he had a member on the line who has a damage claim.

Well...these things happen. What's the info?

Seems that we changed his tire on MARCH 16th!!!! and when he put his regular tire back on (not sure when that happened - today or sooner) the wheel is now making a squealing noise.

Uh? Did you actually drive on your donut for two months? Uh...have you checked your brakes? Uh...you do realize that we worked on your car TWO MONTHS AGO?!?!?!?

We'll help you! *yeah, right!*
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Ahhh, the customers who always wait 2-5 months later to complain about a problem and they expect us to fix it and give them credit for all the time they had a problem.

Not saying that is what happened in your case. friendofjimmyk, just saying that it is crap I get from cable customers.

Comment

...My husband freaked out on my for riding a donut for TWO DAYS.

What on EARTH would compel someone to ride one for TWO MONTHS?!?
      "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Reminds me of one of hubby's rental car customers. Phoned in to say "the tire's flat". They were told, just take it to a local repair place, get it done, keep the receipt, and we'll deduct it from your bill.

So they did ... without changing the tire.

Can't remember quite what damage they did to the car, but some, and when the company tried to charge them for it they were adamant they didn't have to pay it. Sigh. You break it, you pay it.

Comment

I don't like donuts. I won't use them if I have a choice.

My new car has a donut, and when we get the CV boot repaired, we're also going to see about picking up a rim to have a real tire for a spare.

I see people on the freeway with donut spares and I wonder where the hell their heads are.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't know about most car companies, but Volkswagen gives full sized spares at all price ranges (i have a Golf). Thats part of the reason (but definately not all) why i switched from American.

Ford/GM/Chrysler EPIC FAIL
            There Can Be Only One

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

I see people on the freeway with donut spares and I wonder where the hell their heads are.

^-.-^
              I've known people who have driven on donuts for a few months myself. But, I won't go more than two weeks....usually when the next pay day hits...that's when I get the tire...
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Just a pre-emptive mod note: Please don't turn this into a debate about American cars vs. imports. That has the potential to go all Fratching on us.

Thanks.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I was freaking out about having the doughnut on my front tire for two blocks, I cannot imagine months! Of course, I have a front wheel drive van, I was told donuts are the devil on the front in those. Messes up the alignment as well as the brakes or something. Crazy people.
                  "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Holy crap, two months?

My dad reamed me out once for driving home on the highway with a donut (didn't know any other way to GET home), adn that was just the one drive. Apparently I was supposed to wait at work for him to bring me the spare tire we have for my car in the garage.

My question was "If we have a spare tire that is the proper SIZE, why the hell wasn't it in the trunk instead of the donut?!"
                    I'm new here, so if you have any questions, feel free to message me. I'll probably change this later when I find something funny to put here.

Comment

Quoth Duncan MacLeod View Post
                      I don't know about most car companies, but Volkswagen gives full sized spares at all price ranges (i have a Golf).
                      That's one of the things I liked about my VW when I had it. And it was a good thing it did have a full size spare, because one of my tires blew when I was over 100 miles away from home, and it was well after midnight. You're only supposed to drive so far on one of those stupid donuts, so I would have been pretty much screwed, since nothing would have been open at that hour.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
                        Locally, I've seen at least one idiots on *4* donut spares Seems someone couldn't afford a proper set of rims, and bought those instead. No, I have no idea what the hell he was thinking, or what he was on at the time.

Every car I've owned...from the '69 MGB GT, to the '07 Corolla I have now...could fit a full-size spare in the trunk well. Only the MG has a full-size spare--all the others were donuts. Why? It can't be that much in the way of weight-saving!
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Riding on a donut for two months?!!! My friend rode on a donut for a couple of hours at the most and then got her tires changed on her van. But two months?!!! What the hell?!!!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The best thing I like about the donut spares is that I managed to get a copy of the donut spare safety poster that Don Martin drew back around 1980.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Nelsonette View Post
                              My question was "If we have a spare tire that is the proper SIZE, why the hell wasn't it in the trunk instead of the donut?!"
                              Um, yeah, I'd want to know that, too. Why the hell would you have a donut in the trunk and a full spare in the garage? That makes absolutely no sense.
                              Quoth protege View Post
                              Every car I've owned...from the '69 MGB GT, to the '07 Corolla I have now...could fit a full-size spare in the trunk well. Only the MG has a full-size spare--all the others were donuts. Why? It can't be that much in the way of weight-saving!
                              It has nothing to do with weight and everything to do with materials. At a guess, I'd say that a donut uses about 1/2 to 2/3 the material than to manufacture a full-sized rim, so they only put donuts in new cars, and if you want a full spare, you pay for a proper rim.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X