This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waaah my seat won't recline

Had a horrible stuck up mother, her baby and her mother on a flight recently.

The grandmother immediately started moaning that their seats wouldn't recline. I explained that because their seats were in front of an exit row they don't recline.

Well. They both started moaning that they should be moved up to business class. As the flight was packed there were no spare seats so then then demanded that I make other passengers move for them!

Anyway, inflight I was a bit pissed off to find the mother and baby sat down in the galley on the crew seats and politely advised her that we had trollies to stow and work to do. I also wanted to eat my meal in peace, just a few moments alone, curtain pulled without a baby crying constantly.

So instead, the woman stands by the lavatory glaring at me as I try to stuff my face and then asks me for a coke even though she can see I am taking a few minutes to eat my much longed for food.

When they got off that plane the grandmother said 'thanks for the flight from hell.'

Are you imagining a 15 hour flight? Well the flight time was less than 90 minutes. Sigh.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Aw, they had to sit up straight for an hour and a half? Poor things.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Who the hell just gets up and sits in the galley area. What a Bitch.

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
        When they got off that plane the grandmother said 'thanks for the flight from hell.'

"No, thank YOU!"

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
          She'll be on the flight to Hell when her vacation ends and she goes back home.

Comment

Not being able to recline was the flight from hell? Lady, 9/11 was the flight from hell. Flight 402 was the flight from hell. Get some perspective and grow up, please.

edit: I googled flight 402 to make sure I had the right number and it turns out I meant flight 401 that crashed into the everglades. Coincidentally, there was a flight 402 that was shot down during the war over Belgium, so it still works.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              Who the hell just gets up and sits in the galley area. What a Bitch.
              Doesn't look like those seats recline either...Nor do they look particularly comfortable.

Comment

Doesn't the galley section of the plane just have those little jump seats? I'm not sure why that would be more comfortable than the one she paid for. Unless she weighed a lot.

Every once in a while I'll run across a story on this website that makes me think, "What the hell was the logic that led to the person making this decision?" This is one of them.

Love, Who?

Comment

A 90 minute flight is terrible?!

I hope that woman never flies when Northwest Airlines goes on strike, your flight gets delayed several hours, when you finally get to your destination, there are picketers BLOCKING the gate, so the plane CANNOT land and connect to the gate, so you waste another hour or so just sitting there before the picketers finally get out of the way and leave. THAT is a terrible flight!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                    Not being able to recline was the flight from hell? Lady, 9/11 was the flight from hell. Flight 402 was the flight from hell. Get some perspective and grow up, please.

edit: I googled flight 402 to make sure I had the right number and it turns out I meant flight 401 that crashed into the everglades. Coincidentally, there was a flight 402 that was shot down during the war over Belgium, so it still works.
                    Let's not forget the Hindenburg.
                    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Is it necessary for a seat to recline on a short flight?
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I think my response would have been, "No need to thank me, ma'am, you did it all yourself."

Comment

I once missed a flight and was lucky to get on the last one out of Dodge (actually NY to Heathrow) that night. I got stuck in the middle of the middle 5 seat row - that didn't recline and my seatmate nearest the aisle promptly fell asleep for the entire flight. Did that flight suck? Kinda. Was it the worst flight from hell I've had - not by a long shot. That honor goes to one of two flights - the one that had an "unscheduled landing" after being hit by a hail storm they for some reason didn't see on radar or the flight that was in the air for a full 5 min before returning to the tarmac - only to look out and see the wing on fire.
                          Or a close runner up - the plane that had been sitting in a hanger in tropical heat for two days with a very dirty bathroom (they were using to replace a plane that had some kind of engine problem) - that one at least the crew wouldn't clear for take off until the bathroom was cleaned. That was on the same trip as the 5 minute flight - needless to say I've never flown that airline ever again.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                            Not being able to recline was the flight from hell? Lady, 9/11 was the flight from hell. Flight 402 was the flight from hell.
                            Not to forget Iran Air Flight 655, eh?

Comment

Yeah air travel sucks. The public demanded cheap air fares and that's what they got, only now the airlines can charge what the hell they like, add on extra charges and the service sucks. Welcome to air travel 2009.
                              No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Working...
                              X