This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's winner, or...not

Busy day, typical really being as it's heading towards "that" time of year, bloke comes in, wanders by the desk and just muttered something which I didn't catch. I assumed since he didn't stop walking or repeat the mutter, that he was talking to himself. Sadly not.

CM : Clueless moron
    Me : *waves lil flag*

CM : I SAID, got any interesting books?
    Me : ...*blinks*...um...excuse me?
    CM : Need a book for my wife. Needs to be INTERESTING.
    Me : ok...what sort of thing are you looking for? Fiction or non-fiction?
    CM : Interesting books.
    Me : Right. Perhaps you'd like to look around and see if there's something that catches your eye? *looks hopeful since clearly we're not going to win with a description*
    CM : I need an INTERESTING book.
    Me : Um...I think we're going to need to narrow the field a little sir...
    CM : I'll look around. *wanders off*

He spent about 10 minutes aimlessly wandering about, all the while muttering to himself and creeping out all the other customers to the point where three of them actually left, casting him weird "wtf" looks and then seemingly randomly picked the cilla black biography up and dumped it on my desk. I ring it up, he spends a good five minutes making a massive show of hiding his pin number from me, cos, obviously, when he leaves I'm going to clone his card and go on an ebay spending spree Leaves...then comes back not 2 minutes later asking for a refund cos he thinks his wife's already got it?!

My money's on "fruitcake" *sigh*

I'm wondering if what he wanted was a sex book, but was too embarrassed to come right out and ask.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Hmmm...

Vewwy Intwesting!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I, personally, find a great many books interesting. When I go into a bookstore, I have an idea of what books I'm specifically looking for. Whether I find them or not, I also take the time to look around and see if something catches my eye. I'm a bookstore employee's dream.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X