This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing prices is stealing!!!

I am now to the point of going complete ape shit on some folks. I am a thrift store employee and apparantly people find me to be a moron. Where I work we have a .50 bin which is full of different clothing items. We seperate these items by not having them on hangers and placing them in this bin. So whenever customers check out we usually confirm that an item is regular price when it is on a hanger. Today however many decided to take clothing off of hangers and claim to have gotten the item out of the .50 bin. Now if I had not hung these items just hours before or not actually seen them take them off the hanger well then I would have no reason to be posting this thread. Now this has happened before when a woman actually had the gall to take a shirt off the hanger in front of me AT THE REGISTER and then say this is .50 and to which I responde "Uh NO you just took it off the hanger". (I was able to confront her because she did it right in front of me). Also we have slightly higher prices on really good name brand clothing (in good condition) which are tagged... I found these tags on the floor everywhere and a few people bought the items and just assumed I wouldn't notice. I NOTICE EVERYTHING when it comes to clothes...so anyway we are about to post signs and i'll be spending a great deal of time tomorrow emptying the bin and tagging and marking anything that goes back in...The signs will state that changing prices is considered stealing. This is really pathetic.....I mean I always try and work with people and we have sales and great deals everyday....I am so fed up with the sorriness of people...

How low will some people go. It never amazes me, how stupid some people are
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Odds are some of those people had plenty of money to go shop at biggern ame place.s My own parents work for not alot of money ,my dad as a truck driver, my mom for an education program, and they alway pay honestly but do look for deals.

Comment

Could also be considered theft by deception and fraud

Comment

Glad you caught them. Some people will try anything.
          "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

The value village by my work has signs posted everywhere that say that any item without a tag will not be retagged or sold, basically meaning that the SC's can't rip off the tag and then claim that it's a different price than what was originally tagged by the store.
            Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Comment

Ahhh, this thread brings back memories of working at Goodwill. One of my favorite pastimes was having customers come up to my register with clothing that I myself had priced. (Hey, I was cross-trained.) Wrong prices, no tags, labels from electronics on shoes. I'm not dumb, you know.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I forgot to mention that the individuals who did most of the tagging removing and claiming items came out of the bin were the two women who had had posted a thread about "Poor people do not deserve xmas". These were the women who bought xmas items bitched to the manager to basically give them all the items for wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy cheap prices and when he responded that he'd like to give individuals who couldn't afford new xmas decorations a chance to purchase some of the xmas items they responded well if they can't afford new xmas items then they shouldn't have any! These ladies I promise will get a rude awakening next time they try to pull this manuver.

Comment

Quoth georgiab View Post
                  I forgot to mention that the individuals who did most of the tagging removing and claiming items came out of the bin were the two women who had had posted a thread about "Poor people do not deserve xmas". These were the women who bought xmas items bitched to the manager to basically give them all the items for wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy cheap prices and when he responded that he'd like to give individuals who couldn't afford new xmas decorations a chance to purchase some of the xmas items they responded well if they can't afford new xmas items then they shouldn't have any! These ladies I promise will get a rude awakening next time they try to pull this manuver.
                  I'll be surprised if it's anythign short of a complete ban from the store.

Comment

The value village by my work has signs posted everywhere that say that any item without a tag will not be retagged or sold, basically meaning that the SC's can't rip off the tag and then claim that it's a different price than what was originally tagged by the store.

My store has the same policy, but then you get the people who bring in their own staplers and just remove tags from one item and staple them onto another.

Comment

Stapeling tags on items? People will do anything to rip stores off, even though the items are already discounted by 90%!!

Comment

Quoth shenzee View Post
                        Yea, I've seen that at a lot of thrift places. I've also seen, "Please don't ask the cashier to price an item because he/she is unable to do so."

Comment

At my store people will peel the pink clearance stickers off an item that is priced very low, like $3, and stick it on a high-priced item. Fortunately, they rarely get away with it because if the price on the register comes up different from the one on the tag, we have to call for a price check.

Comment

Working...
                          X