Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Scammers at Fatburger, and the spineless manager (on old versions)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Scammers at Fatburger, and the spineless manager (on old versions)

One afternoon, it was a slow day at Fatburger. While doing a little cleaning, two guys, lower-mid 20's walk in and nicely ask for the manager. They heavily reeked of cologne....i mean HEAVILY. Since there was nothing else to do, I just watched and observed.
    Apparently the guys told the manager they were in the previous night and ordered two double burgers with egg, chili, cheese and bacon and didn't recieve them (those extras cost 75 cents each) and demanded a full refund. GM asked if they had a receipt, and of course they did not. GM went into the office so she could go look for the transactions on the computer (personally if it were me, i'd have told them to get lost).
    About 30 seconds after GM went back to look, the one guy goes "can you tell her to hurry it up? We have a 6 month old in the car!" and I just sighed and went back, mainly to humor them. I figured that was crap, but I told them to maybe go and take care of their kid, but they stayed.
    GM came back out and informed them she couldn't find the receipt, but they insisted on a refund, which she could not give. She asked if we could give them two free burgers, to which they agreed. So i began making their burgers, while the two guys stood at the register smiling, knowing they'd pulled a fast one.
    i then asked the guys if maybe they'd want to move so they wouldn't be in the way and the one guy goes "no, we'll wait right here" rather smarmily. Long story short, they ended up with $16 in free food, and i'm sure they told their friends

that's why they get away with it; on luck, the transaction or lack thereof, cannot be proven, so they get away with food/merchandise/*insert reward for dishonesty here* when they were owed a big, fat ZERO.

it's this type of crap that makes those who have a valid complaint choose to do nothing, because they will end up being the action contested, instead of the scammer.

i'd have called him on the 6 month old in the car, if that was true, why were they so 'willing to wait on the food' inside, instead of outside. a threat for a call to cps would likely have sent these scum scuttling back to whatever rock they live under.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Ufortunately, with an problem like that, it's a two way street. If you guys refuse to give them the food, they could start throwing a temper tantrum right in the middle of the store. Resulting in lost business because you weren't able to help other customers (unless the store was empty . . .). They could start saying all the threats and crap, saying they'll complain to the higher ups, etc.

On the other hand, you could've done like the manager did and just give them the food to simply get rid of them. It's too bad that you have to bribe them to get rid of people like that though. But like you said, they probably told their friends (which would result in the friends coming in and doing the same thing). But by then, you guys probably could've caught on and tell them to get lost.
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

BLECH!!! Egg, chili, cheese and bacon?!?!!?!!? Oh lord, I hope they got serious heartburn!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
        X