This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatience is a virtue!

This may or may not fall under this category, since it more or less was an experience. However, due to this man's behavior, it led me to believe this is the way he is when he's a customer as well.

With the recent hike in gasoline prices, whenever a gas station has the lower price, everyone around here flocks to that station. A while back, I was on my way home and stopped into the local Valero station, not aware they drastically lowered the price of gas. Everyone was there, so I waited my turned for a pump to open up. Shortly after, I started pumping, but the pump operated slow due to the power drain from the other pumps. A few minutes into this, a man approaches me, about 70 years of age, asking how big my gas tank is and how much longer I'm going to be. (I drive a Nissan XTerra, which is a gas guzzling SUV). At first, I thought he was making polite conversation, but after I told him I was not sure how long I would be, and that I have a sixteen gallon tank, he said "Jesus Christ! That's going to take forever!" and started walking back to his $50,000 BMW where his wife, dressed in her best with jewelry and everything, is waiting. I said, "Hey, asshole! I have no control over how long the pump takes to dispense the gasoline, but why don't you go back to upper state New York where you came from? Also, what the bleep are you doing at this gas station, saving ten cents a gallon on your gas when you're driving that kind of car? Why is it you rich mother blankers are the first ones to be so cheap?" Believe you me, he got back into his car and did not come out again until I paid and left.

I'm sure he was heading back to his multi-million dollar home in Boca Raton, where he and his wife live when they're not residing in their multi-million dollar mansion in upper state New York, or their million-dollar condo in Malibu.
    Last edited by greensinestro; 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM.

Hehe. In New Jersey, we don't pump our own gas. We have attendants who are paid to do that. It is actually illegal for you to pump your own gas. So if the lines get long, its a combo of the machinery, and slow service. I can't imagine how he would have reacted here!
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I'm from Jersey too and I've seen times where there are 6 or 7 cars waiting for a fill-up and there's only one poor attendant running back and forth between cars, grabbing credit cards, and so on. That BMW-driving fool would have probably had a panic attack had that happened to him.

In an instance where I was a totally non-sucky customer at a local gas station, I saw that the attendant was run ragged and legalities be damned, I finished off pumping the gas, returned the nozzle to the pump, and walked over to the attendant with exact change and just said, "It's all taken care of, man." I've have never seen such a look of thanks on a gas attendant's face.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
        Hehe. In New Jersey, we don't pump our own gas. We have attendants who are paid to do that. It is actually illegal for you to pump your own gas.
        One of my favorite lines -- mostly because my best friend lived in New Jersey at the time -- came from someone on this board. It was something along the lines of:

"Why can't you pump your own gas in New Jersey?"
        "Because they don't want people pumping explosive liquids when they realize, 'F**k... I live in New Jersey.'"
        I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          "Hey, asshole! I have no control over how long the pump takes to dispense the gasoline, but why don't you go back to upper state New York where you came from? Also, what the bleep are you doing at this gas station, saving ten cents a gallon on your gas when you're driving that kind of car? Why is it you rich mother blankers are the first ones to be so cheap?"
          Whoa! I can't believe you said that to them (not like the don't deserve it!!) That's awesome. Teaches them a quick lesson in being rude and impatient.
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

In New Jersey, we don't pump our own gas. We have attendants who are paid to do that. It is actually illegal for you to pump your own gas. So if the lines get long, its a combo of the machinery, and slow service.
            Having been born and raised in WI, and currently taking up space in NJ, let me tell you...I miss being able to pump my own gas. It would be sooooooooooooo much quicker if I did it myself!!!!!!!!!!

I also am amused when the man of the household and I go out of state and he pumps gas. Just the other day, he tried pumping $5 worth of gas...came out to $5.07. I snickered at him.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Just my opinion, and no hard feelings are intended, but I think you overreacted a bit. I would have said something like,"Yeah, I can't really control the speed of the petrol that comes out", and kept on with it.
              'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
              'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                he said "Jesus Christ! That's going to take forever!"
                actually my name is steve and it takes gas not forever
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Sandy View Post
                  Just my opinion, and no hard feelings are intended, but I think you overreacted a bit. I would have said something like,"Yeah, I can't really control the speed of the petrol that comes out", and kept on with it.

Yeah you did over-react. But about a month ago, for the first time, I had someone pump my gas for me. It was cool and all, but I prefer to do that myself.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

That reminds me of the idiot who kept honking his horn at a station I was at. He was honking and yelling because this one dude was taking his time.

I finally had enough and yelled for him to knock it off.
                    "But he's taking so looonngg"
                    "And? We are all waiting, you don't need to make an ass of yourself!"
                    At that point he gave me the finger
                    "Show me that finger again asshole and watch what happens"
                    (I have a bad attitude at times)

He shut up, but the worse part... His kids were in the car.

I think he was driving a nice car too.

greensinestro, goog going putting that ass hat in his place.

Comment

Quoth Sandy View Post
                      No hard feelings taken at all. Thing is, I have lived in Florida for my entire life, 35 years, in both North and South Florida, and it's gotten to where I am so sick of the non native snowbird scum that come here and bitch about everything and how great it is where they came from. This guy was complaining to me about taking so long to fill my tank, and it's something we all deal with every day here. I deal with it in my call center, and being I can't say anything, it's a wave of joy and pleasure getting to say things like that when I'm on my own time. And, right to the man's face. Now, if this was a guy, 300 pounds with muscles the size of Texas..........

Comment

A couple things:

1) 16 gallons in an SUV is not alot. My Nissan Altima has a 14 gallon tank, and my mom's Mercury Grand Marquis has a 20 gallon tank.

2) I agree about the snowbirds. I was cursed with living near a Jewish deli, that the snowbirds from upstate NY would drive 200 miles out of the way to go to on their way to FL.

3) When I get some asshat honking their horn, flailing their arms, and making faces, I decide that it's time to check my oil and coolant, and wash my windows .
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Hehe. In New Jersey, we don't pump our own gas. We have attendants who are paid to do that.
                          And it drives me nuts. I hate getting gas in NJ. Half the time I could have filled up my own tank three times in the amount of time it takes an attendent to fill up my tank once. The worst was when I got gas at rest stop on the Turnpike just outside of New York City. 6 Lanes with four pumps each (two on each side). Only 3 lanes open and one of those lanes had only two pumps running and a huuuuge line. Nothing wrong with the pumps, they just didn't have enough attendents to run them. Took me a half hour to get my gas. I would have just gone elsewhere but I didn't think I'd make it to the next station.

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                            "Why can't you pump your own gas in New Jersey?"
                            "Because they don't want people pumping explosive liquids when they realize, 'F**k... I live in New Jersey.'"

It's not all that bad. It all depends on where you live in New Jersey!

And yea, I will do everything I can to avoid getting gas on the Turnpike or Parkway. The lines can get insane, and for whatever reason, they don't seem to hire extra attendents to work the rush hours.
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

And yea, I will do everything I can to avoid getting gas on the Turnpike or Parkway. The lines can get insane, and for whatever reason, they don't seem to hire extra attendents to work the rush hours.
                              I try to avoid it as well. But seeing as how my entire journey through NJ from here to my 'rents place is on the Turnpike or the Parkway, I don't have much of a choice. I'd get off and find a gas station, but that would mean an extra half hour of trying to back on the F****ing highway. I hate New Jersey roads. What they need is one road that goes from the PA turnpike straight through to new york with only offramps.

Comment

Working...
                              X