This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlines shouldn't apply to me

I had a customer call in today, stating that they were from X church and we did photos for their directory, yadayada. Why do they always feel the need to tell us everything? If we didn't know what was going on or needed more information, we'd ask!

SC: "Are the Christmas cards like the sample you sent me still available? I want the special."
    Me: Yes, but the promotion ended last Saturday.
    SC: So I can't get the cards?
    Me: We are still doing Christmas cards, but we no longer have the "Buy 25, get 5 free" special going on. It ended November 11, as is written on the flier you recieved.
    SC: Can't you make any exceptions?
    Me: No.
    SC: I've been sick for two weeks.....with pneumonia.
    Me: *crickets*
    SC: So you won't help me?
    Me: I will gladly help you get Christmas cards at the normal price, which is .......
    SC: Thanks for nothing. *click*

Seriously. A deadline is a deadline. Now we are a franchise and the manager often does make exceptions (as is his right) but
    1) this church's parishoners have been giving us all kinds of problems, and the photo shoot ended 5 months ago!
    2) the reason he offered the special in the first place, the "Early Bird" special, was to encourage people to not wait until the last minute when we are swamped. No, it is not yet the last minute but things are already very crazy.
    3) the sample cards went out in the mail over a MONTH ago. So even if this SC was sick for two weeks, she had two weeks or more to do her cards and get the promotion. Or hell, call us when you are sick and we can make arrangements.
    So no dice. Learn the consequences of your own actions, lady!

FTR, I've already been so busy/burnt out I couldn't get mine together in time - guess what, I missed out too! Whatever.

I always hate it when people try and get promos after the date has ended...it's annoying. Read the damn flyer, and if you can't make it, send someone in for you, or pay the stupid full price.
    Happily free of Kwik Trip!

Comment

Sadly I've actually heard of stores who cave to SCs like this and let them have the promo after the cutoff date, thankfully the store I work at isn't one of them.

Comment

I guess pulling the old "I'm sick" trick works at other places. Like anybody cares.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
          SC: I've been sick for two weeks.....with pneumonia.
          "Oh gee, small world. Some people get all the luck. I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my arms, and every afternoon I break my legs. At night I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep..."

Heh, if anyone else knows the entirety of that speech from Spongebob Squarepants, I'd love to be able to remember it all.
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I used the sick excuse at the DMV many years ago.

I received a notice in the mail that gave me 30 days from the date of the notice to respond. Unfortunately, I didn't receive the notice until 3 weeks after the date. (It was regarding a car I had purchased out of state and had brought into California, which meant all kinds of smog stuff back then.)

I was really sick. I had the flu, and there was no one else in my immediate family anywhere nearby who could take care of it. This was also many years before you could make appointments at the DMV or the smog testers or insurance companies could electronically notify the DMV.

I went to the local DMV. The line, as usual, was over an hour and a half. However, there was a specialty window that was empty. I did it. I went to that window.

When I got there, I started explaining to the clerk the situation. He immediately pointed to the long line. That's when I mustered all my drama skills. "Look at me, I said, weaving slightly, "I'm really sick. I've got a fever." I was really pale, possibly slightly green, and the weaving was real. "There is no way I can stand in that line. Could you please at least give me an address or phone number that I use to directly deal with this?"

Maybe it was just to keep me from breathing on him, but he did get me an address. And I was able to get everything straightened out on time.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
              "Oh gee, small world. Some people get all the luck. I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my arms, and every afternoon I break my legs. At night I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep..."

Heh, if anyone else knows the entirety of that speech from Spongebob Squarepants, I'd love to be able to remember it all.
              Here's a link to the entire transcript of the show:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~goodw...with_nuts.html
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Walgreens was running a promo for AARP (old fogeys) card holders where if you bought $10 of store brand stuff, you got a $10 coupon on a future purchase. DH and I went in last night to get generic sudafed and some other stuff, and asked about the promo. The promo had expired. Did we get all upset and throw a hissy fit? Of course not! I think the cashier was surprised that we didn't get pissy about it!
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I work at Michael's where we have a "40% off any one regular priced item" every other week or so. Well this particular week we had a 50% for 1 day, a 40% for 4 days, and another 50% for the last 2 days.

I got a phone call on monday (After the first 50% coupon had expired.) from a lady asking if she would still be able to use her 50% coupon today because she didn't get her ad in the mail.

Her: "I didn't get my ad in the mail until today and I was wondering if I would be accomodated with my 50% coupon?"

Me: No ma'am, it's expired we won't be able to accept it, but there will be another one on friday, you can use it then.

Her: What if I want to use both?

Me: .... You can't...

Her: Well I think this is rediculous, I will be contacting your corporate offices about this.

Me: Ok...

Fuckin' bitch.

Comment

We sometimes have this issue with temporary memberships that are mailed out to various locations. They are only good for one use and then you have to sign up for a regular membership. If not, the company bills you for that one call. I know, kind of silly...

The driver is supposed to take the card upon completion of service. Lots of folks don't want to give them up...but they can't use them again. They argue this point quite a bit...look, you can't use it, I must take it! Sorry!
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I LOVE those Michael's 40% coupons (every other week here), Michael's is in the same strip mall as Joann's and Joann's honors them! Big woot! outta me when I found that out.
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                      X