Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My window wasn't locked-refund me! (long, as always)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My window wasn't locked-refund me! (long, as always)

Good evening everyone! The reason I've not posted in a while isn't because there has been a lack of SC's...it's just REALLY difficult to find the time to post when I am watching my daughter/going to check-ups for my current pregnancy (also, I get stuck reading the posts on the forum).

So just a brief refresher...I work for the people who own Inn Holiday (name obviously reversed), Plaza Crowne, etc etc etc....I work in the corporate office as a supervisor in the customer service department. Blah, Blah, Blah.

So earlier this summer, the powers that be came up with the bright idea of 100% OCR (one call resolve) on all service/quality contacts to our office up to one night's room and tax. In my office of supervisors, we have been extremely upset about this since it gets abused to no end (and I KNOW that there is another side to most of the guest's stories...sucks that we can't get the hotel's end of it anymore). We finally got it overturned after the salt and pepper man (I will post about him after this one) so now we can compensate what we feel is appropriate.

Enter this gem of a guest...the agent who escalates the call tells me a brief rundown of the situation...the guest stayed for one night, had to move rooms, window wasn't locked and would now like a refund of his whole night. The hotel had offered him a $25.00 discount on his $135.00 rate at the time of check-out. She felt that was all that was warranted. I agreed.

ME: Good afternoon, this is dekydrose. I understand I'm speaking with Whiny McCrybaby?

SC: Yes. Are you aware of my situation?

Me: I was given a brief rundown, would you mind telling me about your experience?

SC: When I checked into your hotel, I went to my room only to find out that the window lock was broken. I called your office who called the hotel and spoke with the front desk clerk. The front desk clerk called me 3 hours later and had me move rooms (sidenote: the hotel's response in this case indicated that the move was done right away...which I belive). So after packing up and moving rooms, which was very inconvenient to me as a guest, I entered my second room only to find out that the window wasn't locked! So I locked it. After that, I was unable to sleep the rest of the night due to feeling un-safe. I spoke to the managment in the morning and they insulted me with a $25.00 discount. I demand a refund of my night.

Me: I certainly apologize about the experience you had at the property. Certainly guest safety is very important to us as well as our hotels. I was pleased to hear that the hotel moved you to a seperate room with a functioning window lock and offered a $25.00 discount for the inconvenience of having to move. Unfortunately, my office will be unable to offer you a full refund as the hotel resolved the issues once they were brought to their attention.

SC: They did not!

Me: Sir, you stated that you were able to lock the window in your second room, am I correct?

SC: You don't understand! I didn't know how long it had been unlocked...who knows what could have entered my room in the meantime?

ME: ....Sir, again I apologize but what the hotel has offered is fair and supports our hospitality promise.

SC: Give me the statistics of how many people are kidnapped each year out of Inns Holiday!

ME: Sir, I do not have that information nor is that relevant to this conversation.

SC: I bet you sleep with your windows open. You do, dont you?

Me: Again, that is not relevant to this conversation.

SC: You...You...WINDOW OPENER! I am never staying with your company again! I'll make sure that none of my employees ever stay with you again! I'll make sure (and the list goes on and on and on)

Me: Again, I apologize. It certainly isn't my intent to drive away business however, again, what was offered by the hotel supports the hospitality promise and I am unable to offer you anything further.

SC: I need to talk to your supervisor.

The call escalated above me, then above my supervisor, above his, and was finally shut down by the highest supervisor...end result? NO. ADDITIONAL. COMPENSATION.

I'm surprised he didn't make up a lie about the room being dirty or other things being broken.

CH
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

He wanted a full refund just for THAT? Jeez, people can be so unreasonable. He sounds really paranoid too.

Comment

Wow. How big is that hotel room that he is not sure he is the only one in the room? Sheesh.

And really you can't call the front desk directly to report a broken lock, you must call Corp.

Comment

I sleep with my window and patio door open all the time. Helps that I'm on the 2nd floor. Speaking of which, sounds like SC didn't specify which floor he was on. He MAY have had a leg to stand on if it was a 1st floor room.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Well, obviously a hotel staff member should have gone into the second room with him, and looked under the bed, in the tub, in any closets and such, to make sure there were no monsters hiding in those places!

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

What floor was this idiots room on?

Comment

Wait.... so he felt unsafe because someone may have entered the room before, yet no one was there now?

Why? Did he think that since the window was unlocked, that meant someone could unlock it from outside - but if it was locked it meant they couldn't? Which in itself may make sense to someone not thinking -- but is dumb in reality since not only it'd just mean someone hadn't broken in before, or someone had but the window was locked again -- (if someone really wants to do something to another person - they'll do it).

I sure hope it wasn't because someone may have been in the room before... it is a hotel room afterall -- no matter what, even in a brand new grand opening hotel, someone's been in the room before.

Comment

If its on the first floor, sure, I'd prefer the window to be locked. However, I also greatly enjoy fresh air! So if at all possible, I'd arrange the window that its both secure and also provides plenty of fresh air.

Besides, in my experience most hotel windows are not easy to open or close, and doing so will cause a horrendous amount of noise. Sort of like at home, I do not lock the door from the house to the garage, and the garage door itself is unlocked.

Anyone who dared to open that in the middle of the night would wake up myself, as well as half of the block. That thing is rusted almost shut and makes a horrible grinding/screeching sound as the metal grinds against metal.

If the hotel room was on the second floor, windows wide open!

Unless there are bugs outside. I hate bugs. Particularly mosquitoes.

Comment

What a jerk. I never check the windows. lol The things people bitch about. What floor was he on? Would it have mattered if he was at the top and a burgular could just fly into the window or helicopter? Sounds like he's afraid of the voices in his head.

Comment

Quoth dekydrose View Post
                      SC: You don't understand! I didn't know how long it had been unlocked...who knows what could have entered my room in the meantime?
                      But...it wasn't his room until he moved into it, and closed the window. No one could have entered "his" room. And anyone must be aware that before they move into a hotel room hundreds of people will have had access to it...

SC: You...You...WINDOW OPENER!

I love that. I'm going to use that as an insult from now on, just to perplex people.

Victoria J

Comment

After having read about Salt and Pepper man, it sounds like people got their heads on straight for petty crap like this. Ok, the window wasn't locked. If this guy is as security conscious as he claims, wouldn't that have been the first thing he would have checked upon getting to his room? If he failed to check it then, that's not the hotel's fault. Good that Whiny McCrybaby got shut down for that crap.
                        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Of course, it also could have been one of those windows that only opens 6-inches, so he really wouldn't have to worry about finding the window unlocked.

I bet housekeeping had it open to air-out the room or something. Betcha if it hadn't been the window, he would have complained about the smell of cleaning products or something!
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

SC: You...You...WINDOW OPENER!
                            *stands up* "My name is Cinema Guy and I am a Window Opener. I admit it. I sleep with my window open."
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

So earlier this summer, the powers that be came up with the bright idea of 100% OCR (one call resolve)
                              I bet the idiot who came up with that went directly from high school thru MBA to upper eschelon without once talking to a customer.

Comment

Working...
                              X