This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why oh why

Not excatly a SC thing, just a thing I can't wrap my mind around no matter how hard i try.

Okay we all know that the PS3 is coming out at something like 12:01 am Friday morning. So why are people lineing up know? I work overnight shift at Walmart, we had people waiting to get a chair since at least 9pm wed night. We let them into the garden center greenhouse where the chairs are set up at 12:01 Thursday, but I still don't get why they are going to sit there for over 24 hours to get this thing. We're getting 10 that's it 10 and when I left there where 17 out there. None of them really complained or anything, they where all actually really cool for a change, they had brought their sleeping bags, or bought the air mattress' and blankets so that way they could sleep during the night. Kinda funny really to see all these people all over the greenhouse sleeping inside the Walmart.

Only really sucky customer we had was the one that called and yelled at my manager for like 10 mins because of this stuipd thing. Poor girl she did everything she could from losing it on him.

And the worse part is at 12:01 Sunday morning the Wii is coming out *sigh* wonder how that one is gonna go.

First of all I've learned my lessons from the X-Box. NEVER buy the first ones that hit the streets as they will usually have some defect that the manufacturers decided was minor enough to allow it to get to the shelves. I like waiting 6 months.

That way most if not all the kinks are out of the system, the fervor has died down and there is a substantial drop in prices, and the odds are pretty good I'll find one.

I'll lay even money that the PS3 and the Wii are going to be the battle royale of this year with E-Bay seeing them for $1200 just because some spoiled brat is going to have a hissy fit until he @#$%ing gets one.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth terana View Post
      We're getting 10 that's it 10 and when I left there where 17 out there.
      Out of curiosity, did anybody mention this to the last 7, and what kind of a reaction did he get?
      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

My boyfriend wants one of those things...and after we stopped by a bar last night, we drove by Best Buy and Target to see how many people were waiting in line. There were 30 at Best Buy, around 10 pm last night (Wednesday). And I heard that they're only getting 10. And then the same went for Target. There were at least 10 people waiting in line. The Walmart in my town (the one I work at) had a lot of people in line...I just hope the boyfriend didn't go out and wait...he said he might. Especially since the person above me in this thread (sorry, I forgot your name) said that you shouldn't get one of the first ones as they most likely have a defect.
        "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!"

Comment

Haven't just about all stores done pre-orders, so waiting in line now is a moot point?

Comment

people are foolish; they want to brag about their actions. i also wait, but until the price drops to something more reasonable. for that six hundred dollars, i can pay for two classes and all fees involved plus have some left over.

they can keep it until it's a more reasonable buy for me.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Somewhere in the NY metropolitan area, people starting lining up on MONDAY. Why?

I think they're insane.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Not all stores did pre-orders, such as best buy and walmart. Also, I doubt the prices for the Wii will be high on ebay. Nintendo is releasing 4,000,000 units worldwide, Sony only has 400,000.

Comment

XD Reminds me of this clip, a little long but the look of peoples faces when the destroyed the xbox360 is wroth it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2EaV86ZDiI
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I have some money stashed. I had debated buying one and taking a sledgehammer to it in the parking lot, but I'm too lazy. FYI Ebay is NOT allowing sales of the PS3 and Wii. Mostly because of worries about scams.
                    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                      FYI Ebay is NOT allowing sales of the PS3 and Wii. Mostly because of worries about scams.
                      Funny, I've heard a lot of these people are trying to buy one of those things so they can do just that -- resell them on Ebay for a huge profit. Sounds like they're in for a nasty surprise.

This is just like every other short-lived craze -- the Tickle Me Elmo, Cabbage Patch dolls, and a handful that I'm forgetting. When Elmo was the hot item, I remember seeing ads in the paper where people were selling those things for hundreds, even thousands of dollars.

I had to laugh though, when Christmas had passed, and apparently those hadn't sold, as the ads were still running. Once the holidays were over, you couldn't even give the things away anymore.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        I have some money stashed. I had debated buying one and taking a sledgehammer to it in the parking lot, but I'm too lazy. FYI Ebay is NOT allowing sales of the PS3 and Wii. Mostly because of worries about scams.
                        I read that E-Bay is allowing sales of these, but only one per account.

ETA: But they have to have been preorders http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/fun.gam...?eref=rss_tech
                        Last edited by trunks2k; 11-16-2006, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I agree with a lot of people here, it's best to just wait...I don't see why people have to have one and get it NOW...I waited for the xbox to reduse in price...my cousin..didn't...he got it when it came out at $600 something I think it was...I got it for $350 with an extra controlla, remote, and 3 games....he just got the console.

It's just better to wait for these things...by next year this time they will have reduced in price and they will probably have some deal
                          I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

My store is getting SIX of them. I'm told there were people sleeping in their cars Wednesday night to be in line in the morning to get a ticket for one. Six of them. Four rainchecks. That's it.

I wonder what Electronics will be like at midnight tonight. I'll have to ask tomorrow night when I work again!

Comment

Quoth Binky View Post
                              I agree with a lot of people here, it's best to just wait...I don't see why people have to have one and get it NOW...I waited for the xbox to reduse in price...
                              Yeah, we're doing the same thing. It's just best to wait awhile to purchase one. It's assanine to even wait in line for 24 hours only to get a buggy system. Plus, once you wait 6 months to a year there will be more than likely more games and accessories out for it as well. Although, I purchased my PS2 something like 6-8 months after it came out, the damned thing stopped playing DVDs after awhile, we did find a way to fix the problem (other than sending it to Sony, which would take somethin' like 6 weeks to repair).
                              Last edited by Ree; 11-06-2008, 09:38 AM.
                              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X