X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *is still picking up the remains of her brain which leaked onto the floor*

Warning: This is ranty.

Just got home from the shift from Hell.

Today was one of the most irritating work days I have had in a really long time. For starters it was extremely hot and muggy here; so hot that the gloves would stick to you which made them nearly impossible to put on. Add to the fact that we have no AC right now.Then to top it off it seemed like EVERYBODY had the same idea to eat at Subway all at once.

If that wasn't enough, everybody also wanted huge orders like 4 or 5 sandwiches apiece.

This here was one of those moments where I thought I had seen it all but apparently not.

In the middle of said rush, I'm doing meats in the "Assembly Line" form and one of the customers tells me that he wants 18 pieces of pepper jack cheese on his footlong meatball. Not 15, not 16, not 17....18! (note that footlongs come with 4 pieces of cheese) I actually asked him if he was kidding, and he said "nope!".

So I put "18"(I think I lost count halfway through) pieces on there, and passed his sandwich onto my co-worker for veggies and basically told him to just "go to town on the double cheese button."

Then later on still on same said rush, another customer wanted every single sauce we have on his sandwich....Every. Sauce. I think I could have went swimming in it.

After all that was over and I thought things were going to be better from there on out, but low and behold we get a "clock beater" who shows up 5 minutes tilll close and wanted a complicated order. If that wasn't enough, she also last second decided that she wanted bacon on one of her sandwiches when my co worker was nearly done with veggies. (that really pisses me off when people do that) It was 10:03 by the time we finally got her out of there. (we close at 10)

My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Ooooh, I can sympathize. I don't like clock beaters either. Especially when they still come up to get more food AFTER when we get told to break down.

*offers comfort coffee and donut holes*

So the cheese fetish guy was willing to pay uber extra for all that?

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
      Then later on still on same said rush, another customer wanted every single sauce we have on his sandwich....Every. Sauce. I think I could have went swimming in it.

"want some meat with that sauce?"

Comment

:ats you on the shoulder:: It'll be alright, my Sandwich Slave Kinsfolk. I have a Clock beater lady nearly every single night, and I offer this: when that clock ticks more than five seconds past closing time, you are no longer obligated to present that fake plastic smile we all learn to put on for customers that bug the living begeezus out of us... Activate Death-Glare!

I feel your pain, especially on the sauce one... *gag* who can EAT that?

Comment

Dad and I were clock beaters at Radio Shack last night, unintentionally.
          I need a new cell phone, mine's old... and falling apart. We got there just fifteen minutes before they closed for the night, did a little bit of looking, and found out I'd be getting a free cell phone because of how long I'd had mine. The guy helping us let his coworker go home while he tried to get the phone from another store activated. He was out of the model I picked, but said he could activate it last night, and I'd be able to just come in today and pick it up. However, when he went to sell the phone, he couldn't get it to discount to free, no matter how hard he tried, and he couldn't call the help desk, as they were closed already. So, he reactivated my old phone, promised he'd get the new one today, and basically undid everything he had done to get us to that point. But now, I'm assured I'll be able to pick it up on Thursday, which is the next time Dad'll be able to go as well. It's his account, I need him there.
          And, of course, I apologized for keeping him late as we left... 30 minutes after they were closed.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I'm a clock beater. Not my fault though. I work shifts so I sometimes have to do it.

But' I usually order normal. So no extra stuff on my [insert food here].
            http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
            Melody Gardot

Comment

And of course I'm sure all your SCs believe they stand to lose copious amounts of weight because they're "Eating at subway like Jared did"
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                And of course I'm sure all your SCs believe they stand to lose copious amounts of weight because they're "Eating at subway like Jared did"
                Didn't Jared eat half sandwiches turkey or chicken and mustard, no cheese?

Didn't he also walk like a half hour every day or something.

Or he had aids...I forget which...

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                  Didn't Jared eat half sandwiches turkey or chicken and mustard, no cheese?
                  And no mayonnaise, too. How can you eat a sandwich without mayonnaise? I think I'd lose a bunch of weight if that was all I had to eat because I wouldn't want to touch it.
                  Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                    The weird thing is, po-boy shops here in the Big Easy (where Jared hails form) still outnumber the "wussy sandwich" shops (subway, quiznos...uhm...I think that's all we have) by an enormous margin. I guess people here voted with their stomachs...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Actually, Jared had a 6" turkey sub with no mayo or cheese for lunch and a 12" veggie sub made the same way for dinner. For like a year, at least. That's all he ate. I would hate that.

I did Subway for 5+ years, I feel your pain.
                      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                        Or he had aids...I forget which...

Aides...

Smilies on here are strangely convenient for this sort of thing.

Comment

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
                          Aides...

Smilies on here are strangely convenient for this sort of thing.
                          didn't think I'd need a smiley with an obvious South Park reference...sorry...

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
                            Ooooh, I can sympathize. I don't like clock beaters either. Especially when they still come up to get more food AFTER when we get told to break down.

*offers comfort coffee and donut holes*

So the cheese fetish guy was willing to pay uber extra for all that?
                            Yeah, I warned him it would be quite a bit extra and he was fine with it. *happily accepts the coffee and donut holes*
                            My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                            My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Sorry mikoyan29, didn't mean it in a snippy kind of way, just thought it was funny we had one here.

Comment

Working...
                              X