Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a Honeybaked ham for Christmas? Go to the one Boca Raton retirees don't visit

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Honeybaked ham for Christmas? Go to the one Boca Raton retirees don't visit

Boca Raton residents, most of them with more money than you and ten of your friends, are the cheapest and most unreasonable people in Florida. At Easter, I bought a Honeybaked ham at the store in West Palm Beach, which was pretty painless. While we were waiting for the doors to open, this guy behind me told me he had driven all the way from Delray Beach, which is on the border of Boca Raton. I asked him why he made such a long journey when the Boca store would have been closer. The reason. The rich folks cause the lines and wait times to back up, making it a painful experience to get your ham or whatever else you are there to buy.

He told me that at Christmas, he went to the Boca store for a six pound ham. This woman in front of him, diamonds on almost every finger, perfect buffont hairdo, $500 high heel shoes, and $1,000 clothes, began yelling at the guy behind the counter because of the weight of her ham. It turned out this woman actually brought with her a scale from home, and when she got her ham, she weighed it! In fact, she ended up weighing nearly five hams before she had the right one. Turned out a few of the others weighed 5.98 pounds, and because it was not six, she was being ripped off! On the fifth ham, which weighed 6.12 pounds, she finally left! (Why didn't the poor guy behind the counter charge her for the extra weight?)

So, my advice is stay away from Honeybaked Ham stores located in rich neighborhood cities like Boca Raton. Christmas might be over by the time you get it home.

WOW! Her own scale? I think that should not be allowed...why? Because you can mess with a scale to make it not give you correct readings.

On another note - I love honeybaked ham!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      WOW! Her own scale? I think that should not be allowed...why? Because you can mess with a scale to make it not give you correct readings.

On another note - I love honeybaked ham!
      Actually, this guy told me everyone was certain she was doing just that being they had their own scale and showed her it was six pounds. Why would you bitch about a .14 pound difference anyway?

Comment

because she's a chintzy bitch; why spend extra on a ham when she can spend it on bling to impress her friends?
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Hey now! Not everyone from Boca is a snob. I've lived in Boca Raton, East Boca Raton for most of my life and I don't think I turned out too bad! lol.

But I do see what you're saying and I agree with you 100%. In fact most people from "Palm Beach" are snooty a**holes!
          www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Comment

She was complaining because she thinks that buying a 6 pound ham that is actually a 5.98 pound ham is a ripoff? Did no one think to tell her that you get more than .02 pounds stuck in your teeth after supper?

What a maroon...
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I'll bet you lose more than .15 pounds of water weight just by cooking the darn things......
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Dare anyone tell her the mark-up on her bling?
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                  I'll bet you lose more than .15 pounds of water weight just by cooking the darn things......
                  Actually, you're not supposed to cook the ham. Rather, you serve it cold.

Comment

Wha? Cold honeybaked? Uh, uh...nice and warm with extra of that honey sugary saucy stuff....*drool* opps, sorry.

Comment

I live in Broward county which is south of palm beach, and I can tell you that most Boca residents are rich cheap skates. Before I got my current job I worked at an electronics dealer. This woman from Boca comes in and she is driving a brand new Cadillac STS, and she proceeds to tell me about how she hates her cell phone, she can't use it in her house when her friend's phones can, yada yada. Well I show her a Sanyo phone that I KNOW will work in her house and she quips "its too expensive."

Comment

Some of that weight is packaging.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

and I'm sure all of these rich snobs got there by always giving their customers everything they paid for
                          "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Honeybaked ham

I actually worked at a HB ham stand one x-mas while on winter break from college. We were not allowed to let a customer touch the actual meat of the ham, they could only touch the wrapper. If they touched the meat they bought it. There were signs every where stating this and we had to tell the customer before we even showed them a ham. There was no way any customer could claim ignorance. My managers had the testicular fortitude to enforce this policy too. The only problem was that customers didn't pay at our counter they went through the grocery stores check out. On more then one occassion my managers offered to walk a customer either to Loss prevention or to the registers to insure they paid for hams they touched. Never saw one that choose loss prevention. My managers definately would have told the lady with the scale to get lost.

The worst thing customers did though was they would pick up a ham, walk around the store munching on it and then leave it half eaten some where to be found during recovery.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                              Exactly. All of our scales have the little "Inspected" stickers on them, from the guys that come in and make sure they are correct. Did her scale have that sticker? I think not!
                              WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
                              X