This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your store damaged my car!!!

This is a story from hubby's work at Bed Bath & Beyond.

It was pouring rain and wind blowing like crazy. Big storm. Lots of construction in his strip mall going on. A woman came into his store "pissed like a wet cat that was just forced to take a shower" (to quote hubby).

She started up with the front end supervisor about needing to call the police and how BBB damaged her car. Hubby was radioed to the front.

Hub: What can I do for you?
    SC: I was driving by your store and a tile hit my car!
    Hub: Holy sh..I mean, are you okay?
    SC: The tile hit MY CAR! It flew off YOUR roof and HIT MY CAR!! You need to call the police and I'm calling my husband!
    Hub: Um, well if you truly feel that's necessary, that is up to you. I do have an insurance form that I can fill out but being a Friday, the offices won't be able to contact you until Monday.
    SC: You do what YOU have to do and I'll do what I have to do.

(At that, hubby told me she waved him off like you would a dog, like a shooing motion and flipped open her phone and began yelling about her "ordeal" - presumably to her husband.)

So hubby goes upstairs to the offices to find the paperwork and call the local police as the woman wanted. The police come and he came down with the paperwork and the woman was nowhere in sight.

Hub: (to front end supervisor) Where's the customer?
    FES: *shrugs, twirls hair and cracks gum*
    Hubby: *sigh*
    Cop: *walks in* What's going on?
    Hubby: *explains situation*
    Cop: Let's take a look outside, maybe she's assessing the damage.

Hubby and cop go outside. Woman is nowhere to be found.
    Hubby: She said she was calling her husband, maybe she's waiting for him?
    Cop: So what hit her car?
    Hubby: She said it was a tile from the roof.
    Cop: You don't have tiles on your roof. It's flat, probably cement. There some big Styrofoam flats over there though by the construction...

Hubby & Cop look at each other and bust out laughing.

Hubby: You think the Styrofoam hit her car?
    Cop: *laughing* Yep, I'm sure Styrofoam can do a lot of damage. The old man probably told her to get her ass back home before she made herself a laughingstock.
    Hubby: I'm sure it startled her, but it's not our Styrofoam, and those little pieces aren't going to damage anything let alone a car.
    Cop: Don't worry about it son, give us a call if the loon comes back bothering you okay?
    Hubby: Thanks Sir.
    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

I wonder how she reacts to leaves.

Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Stories like this make my brain hurt.... What is WRONG with people!?
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Wonder how she can stand the fact that eveywhere she goes, she's being bombarded left and right by other people's air molecules?
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

someday in the future there will be personal lawyers that follow people around like a gaurdian angel and file legal papers from their PDAs and laptops
          "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            I wonder how she reacts to leaves.
            She'd probably react how Cameron Frye did when Ferris drover his dad's Ferrari in the parking garage... "It could get wrecked, stolen, scratched, a pigeon could shit on it...."

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

It's people like that make me weep for humanity.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
                someday in the future there will be personal lawyers that follow people around like a gaurdian angel and file legal papers from their PDAs and laptops

These kind of people already exist.... Both times I was in car accidents, a man (different one each time) approached me while I was recovering from the shock and started asking a lot of questions, the cops got rid of him and informed me that he was a lawyer trying to drum up business. In fact, when I totaled my car on the expressway, I was totally disoriented (long story short- this guy missed his exit and put his car IN F**KING REVERSE in the middle lane, and I hit him, then three cars hit me from behind) and while this paramedic is trying to determine if I need to take a ride to the hospital- this ambulance chaser is tugging on my sleeve. Unbelievable!

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  She'd probably react how Cameron Frye did when Ferris drover his dad's Ferrari in the parking garage... "It could get wrecked, stolen, scratched, a pigeon could shit on it...."

Don't forget the potential damage from sneezing

Comment

I actually did have a near-miss with falling masonry once, I was walking down the sidewalk when a large terra-cotta tile smashed on the ground in front of me, I picked up a few pieces and saw that it had kind of a vine pattern molded into it, I looked up and sure enough all around the third floor of the old building I was passing by were decorative tiles with the same vine pattern molded into them, and one was missing.

How exactly did she mistake a peice of white styrofoam for a large, heavy roof tile? You'd think when it hit her hood and it bounced off it would have clued her in.
                    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

What the hell is wrong with people? I had a piece of wood hit my windsheild once. It flew off the back of a truck.

I saw there was no damage and kept going. What was I going to do about it?

I don't care what you hit, if there is no damage why even bother complaining?

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
                        These kind of people already exist.... Both times I was in car accidents, a man (different one each time) approached me while I was recovering from the shock and started asking a lot of questions, the cops got rid of him and informed me that he was a lawyer trying to drum up business. In fact, when I totaled my car on the expressway, I was totally disoriented (long story short- this guy missed his exit and put his car IN F**KING REVERSE in the middle lane, and I hit him, then three cars hit me from behind) and while this paramedic is trying to determine if I need to take a ride to the hospital- this ambulance chaser is tugging on my sleeve. Unbelievable!
                        So sue the ambulance chaser. "If he hadn't distracted the medical staff, I would have been able to get the surgery that would have allowed me to continue enjoying marital relations..."

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                          What the hell is wrong with people? I had a piece of wood hit my windsheild once. It flew off the back of a truck.

I saw there was no damage and kept going. What was I going to do about it?

I don't care what you hit, if there is no damage why even bother complaining?
                          Because, if you're a lunatic, cheap, crazy, money grubbing, bastard any excuse to try is good enough. I agree that it is not worth the time and effort filing reports if no harm was done-but people are nuts. It's why all us retailers have incident reports- if anyone gets hurt in your store- even if they claim they are not injured- you have to write one out saying that they claimed to be fine and declined medical attention and have both an employee and the person sign it (sometimes just an employee if no injury is reported). All so we can avoid some sue-happy jackass from filing a lawsuit later.

In this case, I think its funny that she high-tailed out once her husband realized what happened- guess they didn't want to deal with the embarrassment of wife-y being put in her place. She may be totally dumb, but at least her husband had some sense.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
                            That is a scary, scary thought!

And not too unrealistic. I can see it happening....

The future - it's so dark!
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
                              And when our Galactic Overlords teleport down from the 23rd Dimension and make me Manager of the Universe, there will be a public gallows in every town and hamlet for people like that...

...Wow, that does sound kind of nutty when I type it out like that. I should probably have that looked at.
                              Last edited by TonyDonuts; 11-17-2006, 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling
                              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X