This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
    You and I spell our names the same way. I am constantly surprised by the vast number of people who have no idea how to pronounce my not-that-uncommon spelling of my name.

I get Steffana lot. For three weeks, from one addle-brained professor, I got Stephanie.
    We used to call one of our brothers Step Hen...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When my friends and i are vague to each other, we actually know exactly what we mean... yeah, it's cool to be so close to someone that they don't even need to specify to have a good convo...

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        Okay... uh, Young Frankenstein? By Mel Brooks...
        "I don't like Mel Brooks."
        There's only one thing you could say to that guy. "Get the fuck out of my universe."
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth stephenr View Post
          Can you be anymore vague?
          Not really a sucky customer but this confused me.

SC: Stupid Customer
          StephenR: Myself

StephenR: Hello, thank you for calling Comic Book Store. My name is StephenR. Anything I can help you with?

SC: Yeah, I was wondering if you had that comic book series in with that guy that wears a mask?

**Thoughts.. Hmm... Daredevil.. Spider-Man... Captain America... Deadpool.. Little help.. **
          If my experience with normal books is representative of the comic book business, it is only a matter of time until you'll frighten yourself by being able to accurately answer those questions.
          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

I have a good knowledge on certain comic book series. I am mostly a Marvel/DC person so if you have a question involving those series, I can answer them. It is very rare I read an independent. I will probably frighten myself if it gets to the point where I can figure out the answer to the most vague question asked.

Comment

yeah, you know that series about the guy with the mask that fights crime? that dude who totally kicks ass? yeah, THAT one...

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
                yeah, you know that series about the guy with the mask that fights crime? that dude who totally kicks ass? yeah, THAT one...
                You mean the guy with the superpowers who has a secret identity?

Comment

In the greenhouse it is "Do you have that plant with green leaves and red flowers?"

And I can really understand the messing up your shelves part. People will pull every plant out of a flat to get that one they want and then just walk away and leave all those plants out. I finally realized that as they "de-selected" those plant, they removed them from their perception. They litterally no longer see them.

But when you do get someone who does put things back, they put them back in the wrong flats. I remember a lady once I was helping, she put a plant back in the wrong flat, I moved it to the right one and she tried to put it back in the wrong one.

Also, you know that Psych test where you put the different shaped pegs in the shaped holes? Well most of my customers would fail that test since they cant put the packs back in the flats the right way.

Hell, some of them can't even pull them out of the flats with out help.
                  "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Subspace_Relay View Post
                    Had she been successful, she would have been very disappointed come this July. They appear to be bringing back Cap (at least that's what the ads are implying).
                    Hell, had she been successful, her kids would have been very disappointed come time to go to college. Did she not get the message that speculators and stupid publishers screwed up the comics market right after they got done with the sports card market?

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Welcome to the boards, StephenR! Sheesh, just because you couldn't magically pull that comic book out of thin air he wants to get you fired for it. EW much?
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth stephenr View Post
                        Hi, my name is StephenR and I work for a local comic store. I am a long time lurker.
                        Hi!!

Quoth stephenr View Post

SC: I am not going to purchase anything until my demands are met. I have been collecting comic books longer then you.
                        I call B.S.! This man is not an actual "collector." I'm in shops every week (okay sometimes I skip a few weeks but I subscribe at a few shops so I know my goods will be there) and you get to know the collectors. And frankly, with all of the small print runs and shipping delays, real collectors understand when something isn't there. Sounds like homeboy was shopping at another shop, couldn't find what he wanted (since he isn't serious enough to subscribe) so then came to you with an attitude.

Quoth stephenr View Post

SC: Yeah, I was wondering if you had that comic book series in with that guy that wears a mask?
                        Ummm....most of them?
                        Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
                          What about the one about the big guy with a sword that chops people up... (Yes, I have heard that in regards to a Conan Comic. I was amused)

Comment

I have to say, when a employee CAN answer a vague question, it is pretty impressive.

This actually happened to me a few Christmas seasons ago, while shopping for my stepfather's gift.

JESTER: "Hi, I'm an idiot. I need help."
                            SEARS GUY: "Okay...."
                            JESTER: "There's this new tool on the market, and for the life of me I can't remember what it is, other than that it's really cool."
                            SEARS GUY: "The self-adjusting wrench?"
                            JESTER: "That's it! You rock!"

He did.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                              What about the one about the big guy with a sword that chops people up... (Yes, I have heard that in regards to a Conan Comic. I was amused)
                              Conan the Librarian?

"These books are a little overdue." SLICE
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                Conan the Librarian?

"These books are a little overdue." SLICE
                                DON'T YOU KNOW THE DEWWY DECIMAL SYSTEM!?!

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                                X