Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer complains because I had the audacity to close at our POSTED TIME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering that they told her to go into the dining room, I don't know if it's really your foster mom sucking or the KFC workers' sucking.
    Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Oh, that was absolutely the workers being complete and utter douchebags.

They knew they'd screwed it up, and rather than fix it like reasonble people, they not only refused to make it right, but they threw in a little mockery while they were at it.

It's never sucky to request what you paid for in a reasonable manner.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That sounds like a case of a manager or someone being made aware of that.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          At petrol, we have to close on time due to the small fact that the following tasks must be completed before we can go home:
          Um... I feel like an arse for pointing this out, but 90% of customer service positions have similar lists that need to be completed after closing, but before everyone can leave. It's common, and it's the biggest issue with customers staying around, since most of the tasks are supposed to be done out-of-sight of customers.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

At a store I once worked at, we had a magnetic lock on the front door, controlled by a little fob that we hung round our necks. We also had a little screen behind the counter which showed the camera outside the front door (at night you couldnt see through the glass because the store was very bright and the outside was very dark). This was much fun when we were trying to keep little brats out of the place. They'd all lean on the door and try to make the magnet give way, but they are VERY strong magnets!

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Um... I feel like an arse for pointing this out, but 90% of customer service positions have similar lists that need to be completed after closing, but before everyone can leave. It's common, and it's the biggest issue with customers staying around, since most of the tasks are supposed to be done out-of-sight of customers.
              Yes, but at petrol the station closes at 10, but the shift finishes at 10:30. Therefore, we have half an hour to complete the tasks, so we must close at 10 in order to have the time to do them. I know I didn't mention that before, but anyway that's why.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
                Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position.
                Oooh... I like that!

*copies & pastes into signature*

As for that customer... isn't it ALWAYS the idiot in the big SUV who shows up 5-15 minutes after closing, expecting you to open up just for him?

'Cuz that was definitely my experience at my last job at the mattress store... but I got REAL good at ignoring them 'til they went away.
                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                --StanFlouride

Comment

Yes, but at petrol the station closes at 10, but the shift finishes at 10:30.
                  Yes, and the box office closed at 10:45, and concession shifts ended at 11:30.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I'm not trying to contradict, but the reason why the shift ends at 10:30 is so that everyone can do the closing stuff before they go. Therefore, as I tried to say before, it's imperitive that we close on time.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to explain and obviously not doing it properly.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

at my store it doesn't matter how long it takes, it has to be done.

If I get the store closed on time, I can be out by 9:30 on a good night, if I have last minute arrivals hanging around for even 5 or 10 minutes, I'm automatically looking at 9:45 or later because as someone mentioned there are things I cannot do until all customers have left the store.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I could easily 'jack this thread with closing stories. There seems to be two kinds of time: Real time and SC time.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                          at my store it doesn't matter how long it takes, it has to be done.

If I get the store closed on time, I can be out by 9:30 on a good night, if I have last minute arrivals hanging around for even 5 or 10 minutes, I'm automatically looking at 9:45 or later because as someone mentioned there are things I cannot do until all customers have left the store.
                          This. We don't get paid if we go over the shift time on a night shift. That's why it's important that we close off the petrol station forecourt on time, or else we'd be there all night. -.-
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
                            heh...then you could 'accidentally' hit the lock button whenever known SC's come to the door....
                            Or when someone tries to do a beer run...gosh, it's fun to watch them ricochet off the locked door!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This. We don't get paid if we go over the shift time on a night shift. That's why it's important that we close off the petrol station forecourt on time, or else we'd be there all night. -.-
                              Really? Here in the US that would be illegal.
                              Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Well it's not over here; same goes for after 6 on a Sunday.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X