This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're missing my point, sir.

Once again, I get the crazies when covering a cashier's break.

SC tosses down an HP 88 black ink cartridge, standard size. It's available in an an XL size with roughly 3 times the ink.

Me: *standard Rewards spiel*

SC: It's always out!

Me *thinking he meant he was always running out of black ink*: Well, this is available in an XL size, with three times the ink.

SC: No, that's always out?

Me: I'm sorry?

SC: You're always out of that one.

Me: Well I'd be happy to order one for you, or find one at another Staples.

SC: Do you think I can get this at Wal-Mart?

Me: I doubt it. Wal-Mart's ink selection is pretty poor compared to ours [not a lie, at least for the two nearby Wal-Marts].

SC: Well where else can I get it?

Me: Honestly, aside from another Staples, probably nowhere, not since Office Depot and Office Max pulled out of this area.

SC: Well you guys never have the XL in stock, so I need to find a place that does. Where is there one?

Me: Sir, we can get this for you. One way or the other, we can get it, either by ordering one for you , or finding it at another Staples.

SC: Well that does no good when I'm out and need it right away.

Me: Well then I'd keep an extra one on hand, and when you put that one in your printer, THEN buy a new one so you never run out.

SC: But you never have them so I can't do that.

Me: Well--- *SC grabs receipt and walks out*

Me *to the next customer in line*: Ok, he was completely missing my point.

Woman: I know. I knew exactly what you were saying. Heck, that's what I do. I always keep an extra set of cartridges on-hand so I never get caught short.

Me: Exactly!

Seriously. Let's add up the suck here.

1) We aren't "always out" of the HP 88XL Black. We sell them like HOTCAKES because we've pushed the cost-effectiveness of printers using the 88 series inks HARD in the past year and a half. SO yes, we do occasionally run out, but we get frequent restocks.

2) Did you bother asking if we had more? Odds are good that I might have had one in my high-ticket lock-up, but you were too busy arguing with me to let me even think of it.

3) We have an in-stock guarantee for ink for a reason. So if you'd bother to consider the available options, you'd find us to be most accommodating.

4) Do you seriously expect me to direct you to the competition? Good luck with that.

5) Oh, and good luck finding that ink anywhere else. In this part of the country, Staples has the best selection for HP ink. IN fact, many of them are exclusive to us. I don't know about the 88 series, but the odds are excellent.

6) Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

At least the woman behind him in line agreed that he was an idiot.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I always keep a spare for my inkjet printer. When I put that one in I leave the empty box in my car so i don't forget to buy a new one next time I am out. Never ran out once so far.

Comment

That dude didn't want the ink, he just wanted a reason to bitch. That's why he wouldn't take any of the options you gave him, because it would negate his excuse.

If I had a printer, I'd keep some on hand, or keep track of my printing so I could get more before it was actually out.

On a side note, my company has a printer that takes the 88 ink, and the bosslady gets it at the local Costco.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

But... since he wanted to bitch rather than be intelligent and mature about it... let him run away and be disappointed.

The more sucky they are, the less helpful we get, and the less likely it is that they'll get what they want
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

2) Did you bother asking if we had more? Odds are good that I might have had one in my high-ticket lock-up, but you were too busy arguing with me to let me even think of it.

So you may have had some in the back?

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
            Report to the front desk for a well-deserved bitch-slap, sir.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11
              That was nearly a Rule #1 violation!
              "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I use one of those refill kits on my supposedly non-refillable cartridges...haven't run into a problem so far...

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
                  I use one of those refill kits on my supposedly non-refillable cartridges...haven't run into a problem so far...
                  I tried those back when I had my Epson printer, but they were really too messy. I ended up throwing the kit into the garbage can out of frustration.

Besides, Perfect Drugstore refills ink cartridges for $10 (black) and $15 (color.) That's still cheaper than buying new cartridges for the Lexmark. And I can pick them up in an hour.

No mess on my desk to deal with and no frustration. Now that's Perfect.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I didn't find it messy, but then again I used rags and wet washcloths in abundance...I was also very careful with it...

Comment

Walgreens does that too.

10 for black and 15 for color. although i rarely print. i had the same printer that came with a powerbook for free for over 5 years.

Comment

Quoth fleebailey33 View Post
                        Walgreens does that too.
                        *blink* Really? I need to see if the one accross the street can fill my 10 & 11s. Thanks for the info!
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I hate inkjet printers. I rarely need color so I use my laser far more often. On the rare occasions I need color the cartridges on my inkjet have dried out or gotten clogged from non use. I'm so waiting for color laser printers to become cheap.
                          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                            I'm so waiting for color laser printers to become cheap.
                            How cheap do you need? If you shop around, you can probably find one for about $100. They mostly average $300-$500 for decent ones, though.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                            X