This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wii and how i got it for free

***** Mods im nto sure if this is a SC story a general work chat or a compliment to my manager as it has portions from all three. Feel free to move if necessary*****

Background: Company policy says that store associates are NOT allowed to pre-order a Nintendo Wii. This is important later. Also upon the first pre-order day no one knew this and i essentially pre-ordered one. A week later home office send our managers an email about this and managment basically says it was their booboo so they will let me keep my pre-order. I gave back my discount to be fair though.

Fast forward to today during the Wii launch. 36 Wii's recieved 25 preorders and everything, and i mean EVERYTHING goes smoothly. Until one guy.

Apparently he was dealing with a new girl upstairs who essentially gave him 2 pre-orders. A very large no-no. He comes in raidsing holy hell about how he ordered two and was going to run to head office and complain and all that jazz. What got me going is i knew from overhearing his buddy that they pre-ordered from across the city and planned on selling it on E-Bay. So forgive me if i dont feel to sorry for him.

Now managment is set with a problem. We had ordered 2 Wii for a customer and we had 16 or so more comin in sometime within the next 2 weeks. He wanted the Wii NOW. This is when they come to me.

Essentially he gets my pre-ordered Wii. I had everything set up in the stockroom with my game si had purchased and everything and this asshat gets to walk off with mine. Managment begged me to let him do this and at first i was hesitant. Unfortunatly like i said i was not allowed to order one so if this guy complains that an associate would not give up his pre order he was not supposed to have we would be in a load of shit. I let him have it and I was promised a Wii from the next shipment.

Obviously i was pissed off but then my manager calls me and says

'Im so glad you did that for us I will let you have the Wii free. I will write it off when it comes in."

At first i didnt want him to do it and i was fine with waiting (i was pissed of course but hey its still just a gaming system)but he said he would not get in any trouble and if there was any fallout he would take it.

So now i got myself a Wii for free.

PS. Just so i dont sound like a sucky customer at no point did i ever ask for any of this :P managment kept saying 'we will do this and this and this' etc etc after we all had the origional booboo.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

wow.. thats a really sweet deal!
    i wouldnt mind getting a ps3 or even a wii for free

Comment

Score for you.

At least something good came out of you giving yours up!

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to pipe up with "That's an awful lot of trouble just to get a Wii! I got mine for free at birth!". Ah, pervert's console heaven.

Comment

I'd get that promise in writing and signed. It's all too easy to say "I do not remember making that deal with you."

Yeah I'm cynical, your point?
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

A free Wii? Lucky. Personally, if I had to choose between PS3 and Wii, right now, Wii is definately the better option. All the new playstations always seem to come with plenty of bugs in the first couple waves. Nintendo seems to usually get it right. I hope you enjoy your free brand new Wii when it comes in!
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
            X