Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason the $50 cards are used is so the company can catch you on the transaction fees and such so you don't ever end up actually getting the full amount you are due.

I HATE rebates, they are so overused and a pain in the butt, I've had much better luck finding a good no rebate price I'm willing to pay.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      SC: You know, that's not right. It's not at all clear.
      If it's not clear, Mr Grumpy, then you should have the prescription on your glasses updated.
      Quoth MadMike View Post
      Same here, especially after this one company tried to screw me on a rebate. They rejected it, claiming I hadn't sent the UPC symbol, and told me to send it along. Problem was, I no longer had it because I had in fact sent it, so I couldn't send it. I sent a complaint letter thru PFB, just for the sole purpose of venting, not thinking it would actually help. Surpringly, they changed their minds and sent me my rebate.

Still, those things are a royal pain, and I avoid them if at all possible.
      Did you keep a photocopy of everything you sent?

I do that with all my rebates (which is all of 2 in the last 5 years). Of course, since I kept all the records, I got both of the rebates really quickly (1 from Motorolla, and the other from some computer parts).

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

good job...I had a rebate on my first phone, which went really well...too bad the service didn't do the same....

Comment

Working...
        X