This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calm Down (longish)

we have a bogof deal for certain books but the stupid tills don't pick them up so you have to put the number in manually.

So yesterday the trainee was on till and I was hovering tidying up in case she needed something and this guy gets four of the bogof books. The till doesn't pick the deal up and the trainee doens't notice and asks for the total.

I could see this guys face actually twitching so I step in, put the number in the till and walk off to help my mum find something who just happened to be there.

I then here him shouting at the trainee because I only put the code in for one set of books and not two. The reason for this is because his wife had put them in her bag so how was I to know. So I finish off the transaction and let the trainee back on her till. There was absoulutely no need to shout for a simple mistake.

My mum comes up to me and says "you need to stop swearing at customers"
    how did she hear me!! I was basically doing it in my head.

Just remembered this one so I better write it before I forget. Not relly sucky though
    A woman is looking for the dvd defiance . I tell her we have none in stock which is a fact because because my mum ( who seems to be a factor in sc's appearing) bought the last one the night before.

Sc:I'm sure there is one in the window i'll have that one
    me: o.k i'll just go check (we don't keep live stock in the window but I want to keep her happy)
    Me:no there isn't one in the window
    sc:are you sure

im thinking thst i'm blind go and check but go look through the window from outside, then I notice it . A picture of it not even a little cardboard model or anything but a picture on a poster.

I tell her this and she is mightily embarrased.

But yeah last two sc's my mum has been present , creepy.

so...why'd your mom think you were swearing...?

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
      so...why'd your mom think you were swearing...?
      Mothers have ears inside of their heads... to go with the eyes on the back
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

and also they have a 'mommy' sense that tingles whenever an SC gets near their kids...

Comment

Quoth lilstu50 View Post
          (we don't keep live stock in the window [...])
          Probably a good thing. I don't think the cows would stay still long enough.

Comment

Her Mom knew he was swearing, cause that is one of the first skills we learn. I believe reading your kids minds is on page 23 of THE MOTHER'S HANDBOOK. This lovely 57,000 page handbook can only be read by mothers. For some weird reason, no one else seems to be able to find it to read.

(edited to correct my gender mistake!)
            Last edited by Teskeria; 06-19-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
              Her Mom knew she was swearing, cause that is one of the first skills we learn. I believe reading your kids minds is on page 23 of THE MOTHER'S HANDBOOK. This lovely 57,000 page handbook can only be read by mothers. For some weird reason, no one else seems to be able to find it to read.
              I'm a he not she lol

Comment

Quoth lilstu50 View Post
                I'm a he not she lol
                Gender confusion happens a lot on this forum.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth lilstu50 View Post
                  I'm a he not she lol
                  Lol - usually when I'm not sure i use s/he. sorry about that.

Comment

Quoth lilstu50 View Post
                    I'm a he not she lol
                    Prove it.
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      Prove it.
                      Welcome to Milliways The Intarwebs, where the men are real men, the women are (sometimes) real women, and the fuzzy green things from Alpha Centauri are real fuzzy green things from Alpha Centauri.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                        I believe reading your kids minds is on page 23 of THE MOTHER'S HANDBOOK. This lovely 57,000 page handbook can only be read by mothers. For some weird reason, no one else seems to be able to find it to read.
                        I wish someone would send me a copy so I can figure out what my son is thinking!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          I wish someone would send me a copy so I can figure out what my son is thinking!
                          You mean you didn't get yours at the hospital? They were supposed to give you one when you were allowed to go home!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Welcome to Milliways The Intarwebs, where the men are real men, the women are (sometimes) real women, and the fuzzy green things from Alpha Centauri are real fuzzy green things from Alpha Centauri.
                            :: gives Eric a cookie for the cunning use of a Douglas Adams quote ::

Comment

Working...
                            X