This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please make the stupid stop PLEASE!!

then I might not have to punish myself by repeatedly beating my head with a pizza box just to make the pain go away

I LIVE WHERE????

a "customer" calls in a delivery order. as the phone number is not in our files, the order taker asks for their address. the customer says they live at 2190 Packerland Dr. Apt. 120, mytown my ZIP. order taker repeats the address back to the "new" customer as required by procedure. customer verifies the address is correct.

order get made and I get assigned to deliver it. I look at the ticket and immediately realise that this is an incorrect address. as a driver I know most of the housing situation (ie it is single family residential, duplex, apartments, businesses, etc.) on the various streets in our delivery area. there are only two types of places on this road in our delivery area. single family homes OR duplexes. no apartment buildings whatsoever esp in this address range.

now I have to say that my pizza place only delivers to the west side of my town. that is west of the river that roughly divides the town in half. we call the customer. it turns out this moron lives deep in the east side of town with a street name not even close to to the name Packerland Dr.

and NO this was not a case of this person had just moved and got confused which address they were at.. they were told they had to re-order from the proper store on the east side.

NO I am not the Amazing Kreskin

had a new customer call tonight for delivery. OK no prob. orders about $70 worth of pizza for a business.

the ending part of our phone script includes the following sentence "OK your total is $$$ and will you be paying with cash, credit or debt??" as we no longer accept checks as a method of payment.

SC: I will be paying with a debt card.
    me: (bringing up payment screen) No problem with that. May I have your card number please????

SC: OH I do not have my card with me
    me (inside my head::: WTF OK some people have memorized their card number and expire date and the 3 or 4 digit check code on the back but I knew this was not the case here.) there was that moment that I dreaded where this person expects me to telepathically discern their CC number

lots of yelling in the background ensues and finally after about 2 minutes someone comes up with a CC and the order goes through.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Man, the times people call to make reservations without their credit card handy...and have to go to Eqypt go flipping get it...
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I can only imagine that the business thought it would be the same as most other business type expenses and they'd receive an invoice later...?
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

You should deliver to the East side.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
          You should deliver to the East side.
          and this would be better WHY???? unless I count you and Becks for customers the people on the east side are just as bad and moronic sometimes.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            I LIVE WHERE????

Sorry but the idea of somebody asking this, blank-faced and drool-mouthed, is (I think) reeeeally funny I've opened this post twice and both times I rofled. Kudos to you my good man.
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

IT STILL amazes me the number of people who do this. we have this happen sometimes once a week and no I am not embelishing. that is the scary part.

I can understand if you just moved/moved in the last 2 months (although that has its downside like in the middle of a blizzard wrong address donwside) but this was a HOME

Comment

Working...
              X