This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifter...

This is short, somewhat sad and just very odd...

So today, I get stuck training the new people...fun. They're nice guys, one of whom is heading off to his new store in a couple of weeks time.
    Next thing I know, I hear our security code being called out. Whipping my head around, I see what looks like an old lady sprinting away, followed by our entire security team. I think nothing of it until the team returns, complete with the customer.

I found later what was stolen because I wound up putting the lot through (for the police and for either the thief or the thief's daughter...guessing the daughter*) later for our records. Among the stolen goods were fresh produce, seafood, pet milk and wait for it....

$80 (AUD) worth of canned cat food!

This wasn't the tiny little tins either. These were about the same size as the ones you get your canned vegetables in. Clearly not for profit. But still...you really have to be desperate to steal that much cat food.

*= the reason why I think she may have been the daughter rather than the thief was because she mentioned to me a few times what the mother owes her, plus about how her mother had all these cats and I'm not sure though, but she was yapping on to my former manager while the policewoman was there with the goods. There was also the mention of her having some goods she'd brought in herself.

And a bonus....

Guy, clearly not all there (not sure whether he was drunk, intellectually disabled or on drugs) walks past me, clad in a superman cape, cap and something else, going "Hey beautiful" while waving....

My response? "err....thanks?"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Weird what people steal, isn't it? We had a little old lady steal a Cornetto and a newspaper once, the security guard was kind of teasing her going 'Now we can't sell that Cornetto y'know..'

We had someone yesterday who clearly wanted to set up a shady business on a sidestreet somewhere...€480 ($667!) of fake tan and L'oreal foundation. She had a massive canvas bag and was very open about it..security were just lounging against pillars waiting for her to attempt to leave. Took ages top scan through my till and it had to be done twice to make sure.

Comment

Working...
    X