This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Memory banks, (THE UPDATE)

So, fully my fault, i left my update to my first story too long and the thread has fallen to dis-use, my bad, so here in its action packed glory (maybe I should go work in sales...) is the ending...

"I drove my chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry"

I promised you all a continuance, and hear it is!

Well, fellow viewers, when we left our hero, he had dodged the evil villains vehicle, and summoned backup...

A cop arrived, and took my statement. I described the van the driver and gave him the license plate etc, and advised I wanted to press charges. Following this was the usual delays in processing etc. I was called in to do a photo ID. Pointed the guy out and they confirmed to me he was the driver of the van with that license plate. More processing and I was informed he pleaded "Not guilty" at a prelliminary hearing so the cops, being the prosecution, would need me at the next trial as a witness.

We get to the trial, and boy was I nervous!! He did his spiel, about it being a small blonde kid (im tall and solid, and have black hair... interesting how similar huh) who abused him from the start, he was 'just shopping with the clan'. I got up and told my side. His lawyer (court supplied is my bet) asked me this this and that, trying to catch me out, but lo I was onto her, and thwarted her evil plans.

I one upped her when we got to the photo ID questions. She gave me a paper and asked if it was similar to the one I saw at the station. I said yes. She asked if i remembered where her client was and i said "in the top left corner".
    With a 'got you now look' she said "well what if i told you that my clients photo is not in the top left of this page"
    I looked at her and said "Thats ok, this isn't the same paper as the one I saw at the station" (she gave me a portrait layout for one, the cops used landscape)
    well that made her pause, i foild her cunning trap, XP and looting for me!

We reached the end and the Judge basically told the guy he didn't beleive one word of his story. Oh did I almost smile. Turns out yes it is criminal charges (assault with a deadly weapon I think it was) so it had to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Unfortunately the police didn't use the license plate I had given them to link it all, and so the judge let him off as he had a lil peice of doubt.

So while not the optimal outcome, I'd like to hope the "gentleman" thinks twice before trying to run down some poor carpark monitor.

And that he never meets me in a dark alley....
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Justice is swerved.

At least it wasn't a total loss and you got your say.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Oi, what an experience. Hope you're okay after all of this!

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
      Unfortunately the police didn't use the license plate I had given them to link it all, and so the judge let him off as he had a lil peice of doubt.
      For the law illiterate, what does this mean?

Comment

Bronzebow - Criminal charges (as opposed to normal charges/misdemeanors i guess) have to have the case proven "beyond reasonable doubt i.e. you have hi-def footage of the crime and signed statement of admission, the perp is screwed. but if you have a sketch artist drawing and theres the chance (in the judges opinion) its not the same person, they aren't deemed guilty.

In my case, if they used the license plate info as evidence, the guy would have been found guilty. because they didn't theres the possibilty it wasnt him

Was that confusing enough? :P
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Seems like the license plate would have proved it was him beyond a reasonable doubt, as you also id's him as the one driving that car. Wonder why they didn't use that evidence if that was the thing that would have pounded that final nail into his coffin.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            ... Wonder why they didn't use that evidence if that was the thing that would have pounded that final nail into his coffin.
            IMO:

Official reason:

Law officer felt it was unecessary

REAL reason:

Would have cost money to see this through and process all the paperwork and go to trial.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

never thought of it that way Sheldon, interesting. I just figured they screwed up.

Comment

ApolloSZ, most awesome sig ever...

also, wtfman! did the lawyers think saving a few dollars here and there was worth letting him out on the loose again?!

Comment

No lawyers on the prosecutions side, just two Police Officers.

Comment

Working...
                  X