This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Room in Your Pants, Sir?

Hello again, I bring another tale of justice served with a side of nasty.

At my other location at ToysrPoo, we were in a major city and happened to require a security guard and every staff member had to be knowledgeable about how to page or respond to a page concerning suspicious behaviour.

One day, there was about 15 of us on duty at once (BIG store) when someone paged, alerting all the staff members to the electronics section. In the past it's been difficult to get everyone there (as they are busy) to intimidate/encourage potential thieves to leave. Surprisingly, this time everyone showed up.

So there he was, a scraggly looking man with a long beard and a hood up (with a hat underneath no less) trying to hide video games into his baggy pants. It was actually more of an awkward shuffling dance since he was turned away from us, rearranging his "hiding place."

Here we were, 14 staff members standing in the 3 foot wide entrance in and out of the electronics center.

Hmmm.

Since we aren't allowed to approach the thief until we actually see them attempting to hide products, we just stood there. And stared. And giggled under our breaths as this was a usual occurrence and no longer seemed scary, just amusing.

The man turned around to see us all in bright red uniforms with 2 managers behind us. Watching.

He turned a shade of white that no person should ever be unless they encounter a ghost. You could literally see the colour drain from his face into his feet. He started stammering "uh..... um..... uhhhhhhh".

He dodged behind an aisle, threw all the hidden games out of his pants, and ran out the door. We were never allowed to contact or touch him as no, we did not see him put the actual video games anywhere, only the person manning the electronics section got a glimpse, and he was busy ringing someone else out at the moment.

The best part was nobody would touch the games after we saw where he was trying to stuff them, so we stuck the managers with that job. All the games got put through the system and were sent back to those poor unfortunate souls at the warehouse.

Oh - even better: The games were Mario Kart, Viva Pinata, and the like - bright, colourful, children's games.

Ew.
    Last edited by skibble; 06-24-2009, 03:00 AM.

ToysrPoo
    that name made me laugh.
    it made me think of sick poo-related toys too
    but that just made me laugh some more.

but i'm glad you were able to get him to give up the games without having to touch him

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      ToysrPoo
      that name made me laugh.
      it made me think of sick poo-related toys too
      but that just made me laugh some more.

but i'm glad you were able to get him to give up the games without having to touch him
      On a (slightly) related subject I was visiting the House at Pooh Corner which is the official shop set on the edge of Ashdown Forest where the original Winnie the Pooh was set. Amongst all the other items on offer were a set of 'Pooh Sented Candles'.

Comment

hmm...like The Crows, you stood watching, as the games he did continue touching...

Comment

We actually sell a stuffed Winnie The Pooh that's called "My First Pooh"... I had to laugh when we got them in - who gets away with naming these things?

Comment

We had to put X-mas sale tags up this last season. And one of the sale tags says, "36 inch Lawn Pooh".

Of course I had to show everyone and even take the tag home with me for reference purposes.

Comment

Quoth skibble View Post
              We actually sell a stuffed Winnie The Pooh that's called "My First Pooh"... I had to laugh when we got them in - who gets away with naming these things?
              I got that for my cousin's daughter when she was born
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Many years ago there was a contest where the prize was Winnie the Pooh merchandise. You had to buy a certain product and send in the barcode. The box said "BUY TO WIN POOH".

What was this product? A laxative.

Comment

Working...
                X