This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like chicken tonight

We had a very busy day. The UK is going through a massive heatwave, and with me working in a seaside pub, we are a lot busier than we usually are. People were coming straight from the beach for something to eat, and because of this, we ran out of a few things. The main thing we ran out of was chicken. Simple right? We had no chicken

So then we get Stupid Lady.

SL: Hi there, could I place a food order?
    Me: Sure, what can I get you?
    SL: The chicken salad.
    Me: Oh, I'm sorry, we have run out of chicken! Is there anything else you would like?
    SL: OK then, can I have the BBQ chicken?
    Me: Oh...we have no chicken...
    SL: The chicken pasta?
    Me: We have no chicken.
    SL: The chicken sandwich?
    Me: We have no chicken.
    SL: *lets out a massive sigh* Then what DO you have??
    Me: Anything but chicken.
    SL: This is ridiculous. I'm going to have to go back to my table and think about this!
    Me:

I bet it sucked to run out of a major staple food like chicken. I'm just hoping she was old and maybe a little senile. Otherwise that's pitiful. Though, she sounds exactly like the lady i had to deal with tonight. I'm going to make her into her own post though. Worst day i've had in years.

Comment

Didn't Monty Python do that bit except with cheese (and Cleese).
      Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

[QUOTE=jjllbb;586186]I bet it sucked to run out of a major staple food like chicken. I'm just hoping she was old and maybe a little senile. QUOTE]

Nope, she was mid-thirties at the most.

Comment

What part of "we have no chicken" did she not understand?!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I think it was the "C".

When my kids were little, I'd ask what part of no don't you understand and one day my son looked at me and said "the n". I about died laughing at him.

Comment

Honestly, it's because most people don't really THINK about what's in what they eat. This is evidenced by the fact that people are surprised I don't eat fish. (I'm a vegetarian.) Um, last I checked, fish isn't a vegetable.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This goes along with my theory that everyone wants the same thing. Tomorrow they'll all want pork.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  This is evidenced by the fact that people are surprised I don't eat fish. (I'm a vegetarian.)
                  I have encountered people -- both vegetarians and meatatarians -- who interpret the term as meaning "no RED meat or poultry". Overwhelming evidence seems to suggest that they're wrong, but...
                  Last edited by EricKei; 07-02-2009, 03:57 AM. Reason: for lack of a space...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                    SL: *lets out a massive sigh* Then what DO you have??
                    crml: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      I have encountered people -- both vegetarians and meatatarians -- who interpret the term as meaning "no RED meat or poultry". Overwhelming evidence seems to suggest that they're wrong, but...
                      LOL @ meatatarians.

I do get that that's the reason they're confused. Still find it hilarious.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        Honestly, it's because most people don't really THINK about what's in what they eat.
                        It's also evidenced by the fact that people shove more artificial food into their gullet than real food nowadays.

It's also evidenced by the fact of the sheer amount of people who don't WANT to know where their food comes from, and unfortunately, my sister is very guilty of this.

We were having steak once, and I made a joke when I took the first bite and said "mmm... dead cow flesh", and she not only didn't find it unfunny, but was actually DISGUSTED by the remark...

Seriously people, that's what you're eating! Get over it! Learn about your food!
                        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

"The Electric Company" covered this one about 35 years ago:

Anyone want a sweet roll?

Love, Who?

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                            It's also evidenced by the fact that people shove more artificial food into their gullet than real food nowadays.

It's also evidenced by the fact of the sheer amount of people who don't WANT to know where their food comes from, and unfortunately, my sister is very guilty of this.

We were having steak once, and I made a joke when I took the first bite and said "mmm... dead cow flesh", and she not only didn't find it unfunny, but was actually DISGUSTED by the remark...

Seriously people, that's what you're eating! Get over it! Learn about your food!
                            Wait. steak is from a cow? I thought it came from the supermarket.

Comment

Aren't people WEIRD? I was in Pizza Hut the other day and they had no goats cheese left for the goats cheese melt. I simply picked another pizza. Easy.
                              No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Working...
                              X