This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad cust vs good cust

2 customers with identical complaints. One was a good cust, one turned into a bad one. I accidentally overcharged both customers, and both of them said "I think you may have overcharged me. I ordered the same thing last week and it was less money." And they were both correct as I realized my mistake. So far so good. But here is where they differ. After I tell the BC "You know, you're right," he continues to berate me for like 5 minutes about how it wasn't right that he was overcharged for something, and that it isn't fair to waste his time over a mistake. The GC leaves it at "it was less money last time" and says nothing else to me as I correct the errors.
    Both had valid complaints, but only one went about it the right way. If the BC had simply left it at his explanation as to why I was wrong, I would not be writing this story.

As an aside, this is curious. Has anyone else noticed that whenever someone says "I think you may have overcharged me" (in a polite tone) they're usually correct and when they say "This is wrong" (in a rude tone) theyre usually wrong?
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect that's because most clerks are taught to avoid the word 'no' where a customer can hear it. Part of sales technique is that 'no' is not a good word. An irate customer is one that won't accept the word or concept 'no' and scammers know it.

I don't believe that sales concept to be true. If something can't be done, it can't be done.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, while if something can't be done it can't be done, that doesn't mean you have to say no.

Cust: I want to have a steak.
      Me: We have chicken, or lamb.
      Cust: I want a steak!
      Me: Our options today are chicken or lamb, would you like the chicken or the lamb?

etc...

I mean, still sucks. But you don't have to say "No, you can't have a steak".

And in this particular story anyway, the staff were saying the customer was right. They actually were overcharged. So no "no" needed.

Comment

And in this specific instance both cust's were right, but one gave me an attitude about it and one did not.

Comment

See, this is why some calls I take are longer than others and both customers have similair complaints.

One customer is nice and understandable and will LISTEN while I explain

The bad customer will instead interrupt me, scream in my ear, ask for supervisor, etc.

Are people born assholes or is it taught?
          Last edited by MoonChild2007; 07-06-2009, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I think it's a little of both, but I find more that the assholes are taught that way. Whenever they get their way by acting how they do, they will never learn and will continue to be assholes as long as it continues to work.

Comment

Working...
            X