This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complaining about having to walk

My mall is pretty much dead. There is a cashwrap by the mall entrance that we shut down a few weeks back. It has signs on it telling you to go to other registers by the exits. We have less than...fifty people, maybe, A DAY, that use the mall entrance.

I was rezoning the floor and this lady flies over to me, shaking the shirts in her hands. She speaks very loudly throughout and even gets to yelling volume (loud enough to be heard on the second floor.)

SC: Where can I check out?
    Me: Oh, I'm sorry. Those registers are closed. You can check out at the women's entrance, or the men's entrance.
    SC: I have to WALK all the way over there?!
    Me: Yes...
    SC: Y'all have GOT to DO something! You had one fitting room closed so I had to walk aaaaaaaall the way from the women's department to use that fitting room and if I didn't like something, I had to walk aaaaaaaaall the way back and do it over again!
    Me: I'm--er...I'm...
    SC: I'M SERIOUS! I'm mad! I have to WALK all the way over there to CHECK OUT?!
    Me: I'm sorry...

SC storms off to go to the women's cashwrap.

GET THIS: She friggin PARKED at the women's entrance. So she was complaining about having to go to the exit to check out...that she would have already had to walk to in the first place.

Why was she complaining about that? She was going there anyway. You'd think it would actually be convinent for her. "Oh, I'll just check out at the exit I need to go through!" Logical, yes? The cashier later told me that she got the same spiel from her about having to walk too much. XD She seemed perfectly healthy, but I know you can't see all disabilities...she didn't have to be so nasty to both of us about it.

I fully understand maybe being a little upset about having to walk to the fitting rooms, but seriously, it's not that far of a walk. We close one after 7 PM for security reasons, so I can completely understand.

Man, people get mad about having to walk. I get eye rolled at, huffed at, etc at least five times a shift when I tell people that the bathroom is on the second floor. Get. Over. It. I'm really getting tired of people's attitudes. We don't even have to have bathrooms.

Remind me not to deal with these people. Please.

* wince *

I am not good with people.
    I am not good with people.
    I am not...

"I'm sorry, but it's entirely possible that you have a medical condition? Your big fat ass seems to be attached to your forehead."

Comment

Is it any wonder some ungodly large part of the population is obese in this country if walking in excess of 20 feet causes people to explode... in more ways than one.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Awww, poor customer. She's just tired. I think she missed her afternoon nap!

Sorry, but when I go shopping, I expect to walk! And if I'm too tired to walk, I won't go shopping (unless I absolutely have to).

When I worked retail and people complained about having to walk, I'd offer to get them one of the store's wheelchairs. It seemed to me that if they were in genuine pain, they'd either accept that offer or just sit on one of the display model office chairs we had in the department. If they were just being whiny, they'd feign insult and proclaim something like, "I don't need a wheelchair! I'm not a cripple!"

Can't win.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Is it any wonder some ungodly large part of the population is obese in this country if walking in excess of 20 feet causes people to explode... in more ways than one.
        I'm not sure if that's a direct connection, but there certainly is an obvious correlation there.

I'm currently working in a small office with seven other people. Three of them want to lose weight, but they don't want to walk either. If one of them happens to get a parking space close to the building's exit, the other two will ask for a ride across the parking lot to their cars at the end of the evening.

It's just like the picture of the gym with escalators leading up to its doors.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

I still remember from when I worked at Wal-Mart that people would complain about having to walk half-way across the store ... and then spend the next 2 hours going up and down the mall.
          If it makes sense, it's not allowedâ„¢. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

I think it was Jerry Seinfeld who noted:
            "We live in a society where people will drive 40 minutes to get to a club where they can pay money to pedal a bicycle that doesn't go anywhere"

Every single night at the hotel I have guests (some of them sober) asking me how far it is to the nearest restaurant and/or convenience store, (1.5 and 3.5 blocks respectively) and then bitch about how far away it is. Most either don't go or call a cab.

Not to sound like one of those grumpy old man, back in my day stories, but when I was in high school I used to walk 9km (6 miles) to school everyday until I was 17 and discovered hitchhiking. Great exercise, throw on a walkman, plenty of time to think.
            Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

No wonder half the Western world is fat then.

I see that I work everyday. Pax moaning they have to walk all the way to the back of the plane. Complaining about having to walk through the airport etc
              No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Walking is good excercise. The way some people look these days, they need all the excercise they can get.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                  SC: I have to WALK all the way over there?!
                  No, you could always hop, skip, jump, tango or mug that old lady for her mobility scooter.

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                  Complaining about having to walk through the airport etc
                  Last time I caught a plane from my local airport, I walked the wrong way along the travelator. That thing's not really long enough to justify its own existance, it's around 30 feet long and I think it was only installed because the world's best airports have them.

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                    I think it was Jerry Seinfeld who noted:
                    "We live in a society where people will drive 40 minutes to get to a club where they can pay money to pedal a bicycle that doesn't go anywhere"

Every single night at the hotel I have guests (some of them sober) asking me how far it is to the nearest restaurant and/or convenience store, (1.5 and 3.5 blocks respectively) and then bitch about how far away it is. Most either don't go or call a cab.

Not to sound like one of those grumpy old man, back in my day stories, but when I was in high school I used to walk 9km (6 miles) to school everyday until I was 17 and discovered hitchhiking. Great exercise, throw on a walkman, plenty of time to think.

One time when it was too late to catch a bus home & I didn't have enough green stuff for a taxi & I didn't want to ask anybody for a ride, I decided to walk home. It took me 2 & 1/2 hours to walk home. It was no big deal but you should have heard the flack I got from my friends & family.
                    Yeah, it took a while but I got home just fine. It's a good way to excercise. Just you, your thoughts & miles & miles of pavement...lol.

Comment

I like telling the "customers" at my job that they'll either have to walk or call a cab to get to the garage and pick up thier car. The ones that ask "Wait, you aren't going to come pick us up?" are the best. And of course "you can't just tow the car back?" Sure, but that would count as a second tow and your fees double, this isn't a charity, you broke THE LAW.

I can understand thier frustration if they were towed in from the furthest lot we tow from (5.5 miles) but the ones who are 3 blocks away have no excuse.
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

The last time I had to walk the entire way home from work was when I was still 19. My walk started off down Beach Blvd, from about the 91 freeway heading south for a couple of miles.

I have never had so many middle-aged men offering me rides as I did that night.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh man. I had to call a woman once to tell her that her stolen car had been recovered a mere 2.5 blocks away from her house. I asked her how long it would take her to get there and she responded with, "Oh I'm not sure yet, I have to find a ride."

Yes, I wept a little.
                          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                            When I worked retail and people complained about having to walk, I'd offer to get them one of the store's wheelchairs.
                            Offering to get them a wheelchair was brilliant and subtle. What were they going to do? Report you for trying to help them?

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                            If they were just being whiny, they'd feign insult and proclaim something like, "I don't need a wheelchair! I'm not a cripple!"
                            You'd think they'd be shamed after you offered to get them a wheelchair, wouldn't you? But these are lazy SC's after all. To them walking is a hardship to be avoided at all costs. It doesn't even occur to them that there are people out there who *can't* walk and would dearly love to be able to.
                            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I'd offer to cut one leg off so they have to hop instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X