X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC who made it necessary to increase the deposit from $50 to $100

This happened on Wednesday. The players:
    Me: Our protagonist
    SC: We're no strangers to SC's. You know the fools and so do I. A full deposit refund's not what I'm thinking of. You wouldn't get it back from any other guy.

So SC checks in as normal. When it's time to check out I go and inspect the room.

Me: The headboard on the bed is completely off.
    SC: It was loose when we checked in.
    Me: And you didn't let someone know right away? Housekeeping also saw you dropping pillows out the window into a pickup truck.
    SC: THIS IS BULLSHIT
    Me: You're still not getting your deposit.

They did more damage to the room than $50.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    SC: THIS IS BULLSHIT
    It sure is. Now give back the pillows and I won't even call the cops.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
      It sure is. Now give back the pillows and I won't even call the cops.
      Yea.. no cops involved? I like the teamwork in having the truck pull up to the balcony to pull off the cunning "hotel pillow heist."
      I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
        I like the teamwork in having the truck pull up to the balcony to pull off the cunning "hotel pillow heist."
        Which makes me think he's a local. And if he's a local, then it sounds like he got a hotel room just so he could steal stuff. If that's true, then he's a bigger idiot than he might have originally seemed. He could have just wandered down to the local Wal-Mart and bought pillows there for much less than the price of a hotel room.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Given the headboard was off, and he had a pickup setup right outside, I suspect he was trying to steal the BED, not just the pillows. However, once they got the headboard off, they either decided it was too difficult to get the rest of the bed apart, or they were to worried about the noise they were making.

Probably through he could furnish his new apartment cheap and didn't realize the logistics of his 'crime of the century' were a little tougher than he expected.
          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Who wants hotel pillows anyhow? How many different people have used them? And in all honesty, they are not the greatest pillows anyhow.

Comment

Quoth Shpepper View Post
              Who wants hotel pillows anyhow? How many different people have used them? And in all honesty, they are not the greatest pillows anyhow.
              oh, I beg to differ... if I could get away with it I would so steal pillows from work, those pillows are so comfortable
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Then you must have better pillows than we do. I hate the ones that we have. But then I also must have king sized pillows and all they have are standard ones. But I still don't like the ones that we have.

Have you asked your head housekeeper or whoever orders such things about possibly ordering some for you? My head housekeeper will order us anything that we want and all we pay is wholesale.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  oh, I beg to differ... if I could get away with it I would so steal pillows from work, those pillows are so comfortable
                  The pillows I had to sleep on at an EconoLodge outside Philly last March weren't good at all. They were about as firm as warm Cool Whip.

Then again, get what you pay for...
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

In a local magazine is a regular column by a couple who own a motel. One week they related the story of the pillows. A family had been real trouble, bitched and whined about everything, and checked out in a bit of a hurry. When the room was cleaned afterwards they found manky old pillows in place of their nice fluffy ones ... and a bag with $600 cash in it.

The people came back for the cash. The owners demanded their pillows bag. The family denied they'd swapped out the pillows, but eventually conceded and had to give back the motel pillows to get their bag of cash back.

Guess whoever left *that* behind wasn't family member of the week that week.

Comment

As far as I know, There are only 2 hotels in my town that allow check-ins without a credit card.

In my hotel, the manager allows cash paying guests with a $50 deposit. The other one, part of a big multi-national chain, requires a $200 deposit.

In either case, I've never seen a room damaged where the deposit was anywhere near enough to cover the cost of repairing the damage. If you're really trying, you can cause thousands of dollars of damage in WAY less time than it takes the police to arrive.

Elaborate indepth example I've already hinted at in a couple other threads to follow sometime next week, when the SC in question gets sentenced either to jail or a high-security psych ward.

I wish we'd go cc only. I don't think it's unreasonable to require someone to have a valid credit card in this day and age. Hell, my CAT gets 3 or 4 guaranteed acceptance offers in the mail every week. She has no income, no work history, no SSN, and to quote Penny Arcade, she's not even fucking bipedal! If she can get approved for a card, so can you!
                      Also, I suspect my vet of selling his patient mailing list to a marketing firm.
                      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

At one place I stayed there was a card in the bathroom that was a price list of the items if they weren't there when you checked out in the morning.

Comment

That's another reason why hotels require credit cards. Not just towels and facecloths either; my hotel has about 30 hairdryers go missing a month. Universal remotes for the tvs are also a high theft item, and a couple coffee makers each month. AFAIK, we buy all of the above in bulk lots of 100 or so, bill em out at about 5 dollars above cost.
                          Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                            Hell, my CAT gets 3 or 4 guaranteed acceptance offers in the mail every week. She has no income, no work history, no SSN, and to quote Penny Arcade, she's not even fucking bipedal! If she can get approved for a card, so can you!
                            Ah, but tell me this: How is your cat going to cover that $150 annual charge that so many of those "You're Approved!" credit cards want? (And if it's Capital 1, they'll try to collect from said cat, too, and won't listen to anything about lack of opposable thumbs).

I currently am CC less. Not for lack of trying, but since I don't already have a revolving credit account, nobody will approve me for a revolving credit account.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              The pillows I had to sleep on at an EconoLodge outside Philly last March weren't good at all. They were about as firm as warm Cool Whip.
                              I had the opposite problem in one hotel outside of Monterey CA. The pillows could've doubled as sandbags in case of a flood, and the bed was so hard I was ready to call the local stonecutter to find out if they were missing a large slab of granite!
                              Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                              He could have just wandered down to the local Wal-Mart and bought pillows there for much less than the price of a hotel room.
                              And probably better pillows, as well; certainly ones that haven't been drooled on by dozens of other people!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X